Mobile hot spot problems LG V30
grantevan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Starting a new thread since the old one is locked out due to age. As with other complaints, I'm in a holding pattern as Verizon dances around the issue. This feature worked great for months, but now you'll get the same error message. Verizon is starting to blame it on the phone, so has anyone contacted LG?

Labels (1)
Re: Mobile hot spot problems LG V30
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A mobile hotspot is a great way to stay connected, grantevan. To learn you're having trouble connecting is unsettling. We're here to help! To gain clarity, what happens when you attempt to connect to your mobile hotspot on? Is your device software currently up to date? -Kia

0 Likes
grantevan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same error message that others expierence, 

"An error has occurred when activating this functionality, please try again later"

• Been on the phone several times with Verizon , customer service & tech support. Also went into a retail outlet. Nothing resolved,.. 
0 Likes
rap400
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the same error trying to use mobile hotspot with my lg k8 phone. Mobile hotspot works with my droid turbo 2.

0 Likes
rjoyed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem with our LG phone. Have used it as a Hot spot forever.  Has anyone gotten an answer to when this issue will be fixed? Is 5G the issue? 

0 Likes
thisdoesfine
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what's worse, the widespread LG / Hotspot issue or when Verizon comments as if oblivious... 

paul711
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon just rolled out 5G; since LG is out of the cell business, rumor has it LG tethering was discontinued. 2 ways to look at it: 1) they are forcing you to buy a new phone, and/or 2) they can no longer collaborate with LG to interactivity.

paul711
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in a limited Verizon cell zone with nothing available except satellite and work in a Verizon cell dead zone where ATT works fine so this further incentivizes us to switch providers. I miss FIOS at our old address; not even DSL here; pathetic.

0 Likes
paul711
Enthusiast - Level 2

...they may be; part of their existence is providing the illusion they are there and care but bottom line is they are powerless. We are small potatoes and other factors make their decisions, not us, despite their words otherwise.

0 Likes
paul711
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE MONDAY JANUARY 24 8:50 PM: LG JUST SAID (VIA LIVE PHONE CALL AFTER ONLY 30 SECONDS ON HOLD) THEY HAVE EXTENSIVELY ANALYZED THIS PROBLEM OF LG TETHERING ERROR / FAILURE ON VERIZON NETWORKS AND FOUND THAT: LG SYSTEMS ARE FULLY FUNCTIONAL AT BOTH 2.4G AND 5G, AND THAT VERIZON IS CAUSING THE LG TETHERING / HOTSPOT ERRORS / FAILURES TO FUNCTION.