My LG G3 does not pick up previously used Wifi networks at my home or university?
jmklein

I reciently got an LG G3 and really have no complaints it is a really nice phone.

However, over the past few days I keep having to restart my phone every time I want to connect to a WiFi hotspot at my home or university. The networks are listed as saved but I cannot connect to them.

Steps I've taken so far:

Forgetting each network, restarting, and re-logging into them after the restart.

Factory Data Reset

I thought the factory reset worked, but once I got to school this morning, my phone could not see the wifi and I had to restart again.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My LG G3 does not pick up previously used Wifi networks at my home or university?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmklein lets pinpoint the issue and get you connected! Has there been changes to the device since this issue started?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My LG G3 does not pick up previously used Wifi networks at my home or university?
jmklein

No big changes other than installing my regular apps. Outlook, Onedrive, few games, etc.

I'm in an area with full 4g coverage (coverage map wise) and I sometimes go into 3g, but that's the only other abnormality I have noticed and it goes back to 4g whenever I move a few feet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmklein,

Thanks for the details, this is definitely odd. Have you tried using the phone without adding/downloading any media or apps to it? This may be the problem. Regarding signal, does this happen in a specific location or everywhere?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
jmklein

So I didn't run it just stock. So Sunday night I reset the phone and left it just stock, no apps and no synced google account. I reentered my home credentials for WiFi and connected. Once I got to my school, I couldn't see any WiFi signals except my saved home network.

I "forgot the network and turned WiFi on and off, letting it sit for an hour during my first class and it still did not pick up a signal. I restarted my phone and the WiFi popped up on my screen immediately when I opened up my settings.

After the first two classes. I went home for lunch, when I got home I tried to look for a connection and saw nothing but my saved one for my school (I live in a large but populated private community, so there should be 15-20 active SSIDs broadcasting at any given time). I turned off my WiFi and turned it back on again. Same as last time, no signals but the saved one from the school. I restarted my phone and boom, all the SSIDs were showing.

I left both connections saved and went back to my school. Once there I got into the building and went to the lounge(area where the signal is the strongest). No automatic connection to the WiFi, so I go in manually and select the saved network, once I tapped on the SSID, it brought up two optional selections: Cancel or Forget.

Once again turned WiFi on and off, nothing. Restarted my phone and connected no problem.

For sake of length. Same thing happened when I got home after classes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all of the troubleshooting steps taken, jmklein! I would like to look further into this. I just sent you a follow request. Please follow me back and send a private with this information so that we can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
NaxosKos

Hi,

My LG G3 has the exact same problem and it is frustrating. I cannot reset the university router system so there is no point in even trying that.

I have tried resetting the phone and roaming settings. And turning off and on the phone used to work for a while.

I am covered by 4gLTE for a 5 mile radius, yet I have no 4g service where I am. Love the phone. Not too fond of this lack of WiFi or 4g service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's imperative that you're able to use all features and functions of the device, NaxosKos. What zip code are you located in? Does toggling airplane mode help to bring back wireless signal?

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes