My LG G3 time moves forward 5 hours when I travel through a specific area.
tommysmallss
Enthusiast - Level 2

My location is Delaware, and when I travel on I-95 going north or south, the phone time goes forward 5 hours.  It usually happens when using a GPS app like Waze for navigation.  I never see this when connected to a WiFi network. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My LG G3 time moves forward 5 hours when I travel through a specific area.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tommysmallss,

Well that is bizaree! When did this start happening? Only when you got this phone? We want to get this working for you. Please share! Thanks!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TroyAndEddie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the very same problem when I drove on 95 from Baltimore and Philly and back on Jan 6th. I had to restart my phone and it went back to normal time. Happened to me somewhere in the Delaware/NJ area.

tommysmallss
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started happening about a month ago.  I've had the phone since August 2014 and had no issues before this.  I have recently deselected automatic time zone in date and time settings,  and the time usually goes back to normal when I leave the affected area.   I'll get the map coordinates where it usually happens.  Stand by.

tommysmallss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lat.  39.700303

Long. - 75.607608

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional info, tommysmallss! Have you had this happen when you were not using a third party app like Waze? Does this happen every time you're in this area?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tommysmallss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tonight I drove through the affected area WITHOUT using any apps.  I just kept the phone screen on and kept an eye on it.  The time moved forward 5 hours at the previously mentioned coordinates above.   It also happened at these coordinates: 

Lat:  39.684461

Long:  -75.65397

It seems to occur at two specific spots along I-95.  And yes, it does happen every time I drive though the area.  It appears to be a network issue as my phone is set to respond automatically to network time, but I did deselect automatic time zone.  That did not prevent the change.

It's getting to be highly annoying to have to reset my clock settings every time.  I'm thinking about turning off automatic network time and just keeping time autonomously if this isn't fixed soon.

Please help.  I would bet I'm not the only user affected.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Likely, if you turn off the automatic feature, your phone's time won't change. You could test that... As you theorize, it's probably your phone is getting the wrong time from the tower or towers. Someone needs to put in a network ticket. It's probably not just you, but more people entering tickets the likely-hood it will get fixed.

I would NOT be reporting the problem here. It needs to be reported to the Customer Support 800 number.

tommysmallss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, stef7.

I feel at this point I've done more than my share of testing.  If I call the number, I'll probably get the same runaround.  You would think that I would get better service if I'm paying close to 100 bucks a month, but apparently not. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get great service, tommysmallss. Don't give up on us yet. I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox here in the forums and reply with the information I'll need to open a ticket and find out what's causing the time change.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes