My LG G4 suddenly turned off
Dayspringacres
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have removed and re-installed the battery several times, but it only gets to the logo then off again.  I was only making entries in my calendar

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: My LG G4 suddenly turned off
lightning65

Hi, mine is doing the same as yours.  Did you ever find out how to resolve this issue?

Thank you

0 Likes
Speedy1gon
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi i contacted lg.com they had this for answer

As for the issue regarding the power, I’m afraid we may have to perform a complete Factory Reset on the device. This especially helps if the issue is caused by software glitches. Before doing this though, please make sure that a backup of all your data (you may use any backup method or application of your choice) has been created already as the factory reset will erase all user information and data that is stored in your phone’s memory and will restore original factory settings. Once ready to reset, just go to your Phone Settings. Navigate to Backup and Reset and then select Factory Data Reset.

you can email them or call them

LG Email | LG U.S.A

0 Likes
SoloRider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google LG4 Boot Loop issue.

Mine just started doing this last night and that is what I found. It looks like you may need to return it and get a new one. Loose connections when the phone was manufactured.

0 Likes
krnndug
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is doing the same thing. I can't get it to a place where I can back up the data that is on the phone. I have whatever I can on the SD card, but there are things that can't be moved there and I can't get the phone to power on to get to the data to save. This is my 2nd G4 in less than 1 year. I like it, but think I am going back to Samsung when my 2 years is up.

0 Likes
ragingfish

Yep, it's a lemon.

I was afflicted by it too. Lost a ton of stuff because it hadn't synced recently. Very infuriating.

0 Likes
BradB82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't do a factory data reset unless you really don't want anything on the internal storage.  It won't fix the problem, but it will wipe the personal info off the phone if you're sending it in for repair or exchange.  Your phone is bricked, gone, irreparably damaged.  Plain and simple.  This is the dreaded "infinite bootloop" due to LG's admitted poor quality control in the G4 manufacturing process. Suspect that there's globs of flux on the motherboard that heat up, spread out and ruin conductivity (which is why the phone won't boot).  This happened to my 81 day old G4 yesterday, lost all but 30 pictures of my newborn daughter thanks to this lack of oversight.  Seems like G4s are failing left and right this year.  My advice, consider the phone to be an overpriced paperweight. If you want the data off the phone then there's ways to temp fix the issue of enough to backup important stuff.  Pm me if you want some info on DIY data recovery.

Krabipady23sons
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good advice BradB82.  LG4 Community:  In the past week, both my and my wife's G4 encountered this issue, of course, only 3 weeks after the one year manufacturer's warranty expired and neither of us had TMP.  Thankfully since I've been with Verizon since 1997 and we were in the same month of warranty expiration, Verizon exceeded our expectations and is at least providing us with refurbished replacement phones (Thank you, Verizon).

Hopefully the replacement phones will get us to the payoff point when we can replace them.  I too may consdier going back to Samsung, but am still a little scarred from my S5 experience when it upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwinch or Lollipop, which ever one basically rendered the phone almost completely useless until Android put out about 4 patches to finally get it operational again.

If you stil get or respond to this blog, I would be interested in DIY recovery tips. I think I have/had most of my stuff backed up or on my memory card, but am alway open to recovery tips.

Thanks for reading and responding if this string is still active.  MM

0 Likes
busterboy22

mine is doing this and it is only one year old. Im sick of verizon and LG, terrible situation, they should replace them for free.

0 Likes
busterboy22

this is terrilble of LG and Verizon; they should give us a new phone for free, not that we want anymore LG. they can't replace all that was lost and it's their fault

0 Likes