My LG G5 GPS has stopped working most of the time.
opietrials
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a fix?  I have tried all the clear data/cache, factory reset, gps apps with no improvement.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My LG G5 GPS has stopped working most of the time.
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello Everyone,

We appreciate your patience while our Device Team worked on providing us a resolution for the LG G5 GPS issue.  Our team has noted that a limited number for devices that were manufactured June 2016 and prior had a GPS gasket attachment defect, and a new extended gasket is now used. We can help get this fixed as long as the phone does not have any physical damages.

Please keep me posted if additional assistance is needed.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Opietrials, we want to find a resolution for this as quickly as possible. How long has this been happening? Do you get an error message?

0 Likes
geo590
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue and I believe it started happening after the latest software update - VS98728B.  I'm confident there is an issue with the GPS as Google maps cannot identify my exact location.  When I change my location setting to GPS Only in system settings, Google maps can't find my location at all.  Further, I installed a highly rated app from Google Play called "GPS Status" and it reports that my phone never locks on to any satellites even when I'm outside with an unobstructed view of the sky.  I've tried taking the the case off my phone and this didn't help at all.  I have the same issue in every location I've tried so this has to be an issue with the phone.

Please resolve!

0 Likes
opietrials
Enthusiast - Level 2

geo590, My issue is exactly as yours is.  I even installed the same GPS Status app on both my G5 and my old G2 and the G2 picks up 10 or more satellites at the same time the G5 picks up maybe 2, where at least 6 or 7 are need for a GPS location to be established.

CINDYBOOCD

I'm having the exact same problem and its extremely FRUSTRATING!  I travel a lot for work and depend on using Google Maps which has now become just about completely useless!  I also downloaded the WAZE App but it's exactly the same.  Obvious problem with the GPS on the phone being completely unresponsive!  We need a fix for this ASAP!

0 Likes
opietrials
Enthusiast - Level 2

No error message other that lost GPS   Searching for GPS.  This problem needs a fix.  I have recently got a refurbished G5 that the GPS works great and it has the VS98728B update, so that tells me the update was probably not the cause.  I can also add that the GPS problem started happening just once in a while and got worse and worse with time.  I also noticed at one point that the GPS wouldn't work while the phone was plugged in to a charger, but would work after unplugging it.  This eventually progressed to it not working at all regardless of being plugged in or not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

opietrials,

We want all of your features to work, especially GPS. We all rely on it. This has been happening for too long. Let's figure this out. Please check your Inbox for my Private Message.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
geo590
Enthusiast - Level 1

What about CINDYBOOCD and me?

0 Likes
CAIDKIN

I do not have a private message in my in box.  Mine has not been working for about 3 months.  I tried downloading other gps apps, clearing my cache and data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Relying on your phone for location services is important, CAIDKIN. I regret hearing your phone has been having issues for such a long period. Let’s get this fixed as quickly as possible. Please review the private message I have sent you.

0 Likes