My LG G5 drops WIFI several times an hour.
ARKSOFT84

My LG G5 drops WIFI several times an hour.I will be using the phone and it posts the message that the WIFI has been disconnected, a few seconds later it reconnects. Very annoying and it is using my battery life. Avoid bad Wi-Fi is turned OFF, and Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always.

This happens on all WiFi networks, regardless of location, Work, Home, even McDonalds.

Please Help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My LG G5 drops WIFI several times an hour.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to stay connected to WiFi ARKSOFT84. I’m sorry that your LG G5 is experiencing issues with WiFi connections. I want to review this issue further and explore ways to resolve as soon as possible. When did this WiFi issue start? Did it start after installing/updating a particular application/software? What is your phone's software version? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203600/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARKSOFT84

Thanks

My software Version is:  Android 7.0, security patch level June 1 2017

VS98729A

Build Number

NRD90U

I've been experiencing this for quite some time now.  At least 3 updates ago it started. I've been dealing with it thinking that a new update would fix it. So far, nothing has.

Seems like almost every time I wake the phone, it gives me the WiFi error, and even then, lets say I am looking at a forum and reading posts, it will just disconnect and a few seconds later reconnect. Very annoying.

Today, Full charge at 9AM, Screen on time at 48 minutes since charge, and already down to almost 50% charge. No music streaming, or anything else, no gaming, no nothing just disconnecting and reconnecting to WifI.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're eager to get this fixed, ARKSOFT84. Let's do something a little different. Can you please run a Device Health Check? You can do this from the My Verizon Mobile application: http://vz.to/2vVATXr

Once you do this, you will see results for Battery, Performance, Storage, and Connectivity. If any are in yellow or red, please open to see what is causing issues and follow directions to correct. Once all are in green, please retest your WiFi Connectivity.

VanessaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
ARKSOFT84

Ok,

I ran the health check. 2 issues popped up. I had location services turned on, and I had data roaming turned on.

I turned both off

Restarted my phone and...... yeah you guessed it Same error message as before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is an odd issue to have happen ARKSOFT84. I did some research and don't see that it's a known issue. How long after you restarted the phone did the error message pop up?

ErinW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARKSOFT84

Its random. It happens often, usually just after turning the screen on.

I've also found that 90% if the time of my phone is in my pocket, then it either will have 0 service or seriously reduced service. Pull my phone out of my pocket, see it has no service, I have to turn it on airplane mode and then turn airplane mode back off then voicemails and text messages start rolling in.

Very annoying issues indeed. Battery drain is incredible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly see where this would be a huge inconvenience ARKSOFT84. I will send you a Private Message to continue with this. Please look for that in your inbox here in the Forum.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
lowrider_34

I'm looking to find out why my Wi-Fi is dropping also. What I noticed is where you say your battery is dying. I had the same problem and I bought two new batteries on Amazon. Now with all the Wi-Fi dropping my battery doesn't drain. Just an FYI

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having an issue with Wifi dropping can definitely be upsetting lowrider_34. I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem along with others here. Let's begin some steps to get this resolved. Is the software up to date? How long have you experienced this issue? Any changes to your home internet service?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes