So, I've got a G5 Phone. These are it's current things that are goin on...anybody else have any of these?
1) Text messages : They take forever and a year to send. Sometimes it sends them out right away, sometimes it sends them out the following day. This past Friday I sent a text to a friend, and along with the original, it fired off 8 from the past few months it apparently never actually sent. Photos are notorious for slowing delivery. Sometimes turning the phone off and turning the phone back on again get it to send. I've been known to turn the thing off and on and off and on and off and on to get it to spit out a picture.
2) The Battery: I went on a road trip recently, and the battery seems to enjoy just jumping itself out of the phone, causing it to die. Miniscule jostles and jolts cause the battery to disconnect and kill the phone. (and stop giving me directions to where I'm headed) Once I drove over the stop-line paint after a stop light turned green, and it was enough to cause the battery to pop out.
3) The GPS: My GPS has stopped being reliable. Often, while I'm on the highways, my phone thinks I'm on the lil side streets running parallel with the highways. It then proceeds to tell me to get on the highway....that I'm already on. Once it even thought I was on a bikepath
Any advice on how to remedy these?
Our number one goal is to ensure that your phone works as intended so that you can have a pleasant wireless experience, SAUROPODA. Allow me to address all your concerns chronologically so that we get all issues addressed and explore ways to resolve.
1) Text messaging. We want your messages to be delivered in a timely manner every time. When did this messaging issue start? Does it happen when you text in a particular place (home, school, office, ZIP code)? What messaging application do you use?
2) The Battery. It is very rare for the battery to pop out as it is secured with a locking system that keeps the battery in place. Is there any physical damage to the battery locking system?
3) The GPS. Sounds like your GPS is working correctly as it identifies the general location where you are. This could be more of a navigation application issue than the GPS feature of the device. What navigation application do you use? Is it updated to the latest version?
Please reply with answers to the above questions and we’ll be able to assist you further.
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
The Text Messaging thing started pretty much right after I got the phone. It's always been horrendous for sending texts. Especially picture texts. Those are delayed the longest unless I reboot the phone...several times sometimes. It's not every text mind you. One out of five regular text messages or so. But Text messages with photos probably 4 out of 5. I'm using the 'free' messaging thing that the guy behind the counter set up for me. I didn't want to pay extra for fancy messaging.
I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure I didn't go in and break the locking system. All I know is the battery pops out if I go over bumps of ANY sort. Not like completely out of the thing mind you. Just enough to unplug it from the phone. I then have to slap it back in, and then log back onto the phone. Troublesome when driving.
For the most part, I'm using WAZE. Google maps tends to be more befuddled by the GPS discrepancy.
My phone is my lifeline, SAUROPODA, so it simply has to work. Let's work together on solving these mysteries. At this point, let's just focus on the text issue. Since this happens often regardless of your location, time of day, or person with whom you're texting, we'll assume for now it's the phone that's at issue.
Not having enough device memory can cause texts to slow down (as well as cause issues with GPS). Here's a link to show you how to check the device memory: http://spr.ly/65828WAuO If you see any indications that certain areas of the memory are too full, we recommend freeing up more memory.
Once you've confirmed the memory is sufficient, attempt to send yourself a picture. Let us know what happens.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I sent myself a picture. It took 3 reboots....but it eventually sent.
I've got plenty of memory. I've got 18 or 91 available.
So....I think I'm just going to deal until I get a new phone.
Just now I set the thing down on my desk and the battery slipped out and the phone shut down on me.
This stupid piece of garbage is going to annoy me for just 3 more payments.
I very much hate this phone. I argue with it every day.
But. I'll have a new one soon enough.
Thanks for trying.
It's disappointing to hear that you're still having trouble with your phone, SAUROPODA. I know you've mentioned that you would prefer to replace your device as soon as possible. I have sent a private message in order to further assist you regarding replacement of your phone. I look forward to your reply.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
And if you forget your charging cord at home? Good luck!
Nobody sells the [removed] thing.
Actually...I've seen it at fairs and street vendors sometimes have it for about $30 dollars.
None of your friends have spare cords for It either.
It doesn't match the 'standard' apple cord, nor the 'standard' android cord.
It's got it's own wonky plug that only fits the one specific cord that came with the thing.
You're only option is to put that sucker on airplane mode and save your juice till you get home!
Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service
Message edited by Verizon Moderator.
While we're on the subject of charging, this phone likes to cut out while it's still got battery life.
Most phones have the courtesy to stay on until it's got 5...or even 0% battery charge.
This one? Nope. 20% and it closes up shop and goes home for the day.
Three more payments sad lil phone. Three more payments and you are gone from my life.
Ok. This is the straw that broke this particular camel's proverbial back.
I had the phone plugged into the wall, it said it was fast charging, nothing was running on the phone, and it's still losing power. I'm ordering a new phone. I curse this thing out no less than 8 times a day. No more LG G5 for me. No more LG's for me. I'm getting a google phone.