Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need to turn on debugging, but broken screen
Catfac3

I own an Lg G3 and unfortunately I recently dropped it and broke the screen. I plugged it into my pc and to my dismay I realized my debugging setting wasn't on as I had previously thought. This has caused my phone to be in the "installer" loop and to not actually view any of the files on my phone when plugged in. I can only use voice commands and I've tried every possible way of wording to try to get it to change itself, but no luck. Is there any other way to turn it on other than possibly trying a mouse and an OTG cable? Would I be able to go to the Verizon store and have them turn it on for me? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need to turn on debugging, but broken screen
Klue

Well 16 hours and know one knows a quick way.  Are you sure you need debugger turned on, I ask this because this is a developers option that is buried in the menu that most people probably do no even know its there and they are transferring files from phone to PC. I tried this on my S7, no debugger on and the files were plainly seen as another drive on my laptop.  I did have to change the USB function from charging to file transfer on the notification bar when I plugged the phone into the laptop.  Since you have no screen other alternatives have to be explored.  I would suggest doing a detailed Google search and find out if there is software you can install on you computer that will make your phone visible and allow you to transfer files.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Catfac3

Unfortunately, everything I've read said that to disable the installer from auto starting that you have to turn on debugging and change a few things which puts me back at square one. I've tried installing the installer to see if I could access my files after, but no such luck. Not to mention for some reason when it does install, after a few minutes it sounds like it disconnects and reconnects, but then it shows up under unspecified in devices and it says usb charge only interface. I'll keep trying. Thanks for the help though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Catfac,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble with your display breaking. It sounds like you may need to stop in at a location to see if they can extract any files for you. Unfortunately, without being able to access your phone's display to adjust any settings, you'll be very limited. I would see if they can assist and probably check with LG for any options beyond that.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes