No quick charge 3.0 on LG G5?
WynWins

Is this a problem that is just my phone? I saw that it works on AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile but nothing for Verizon. I bought this phone almost solely for the camera and the quick charge 3.0 and spent money on new chargers for it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No quick charge 3.0 on LG G5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WynWins-

I certainly know the importance of having the best charging option for your new phone. The LG G5 is Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 compatible. Please know your phone comes with a 2.0 Qualcomm Quick Charger but you may definitely use 3.0.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Tidbits
Legend

You do realize not all USB C cables are the same. If you are not getting quick charging from 2.0/3.0 compliant chargers it may very well be the cable itself or a bad charger. Cheaper isn't always better when it comes to type C cables.

0 Likes
WynWins

I'm using a tested Quick Charge 3.0 charger and cable from a company called Anker. I've tested it on a friend's LG G5 from AT&T and it works just fine but with mine it shows "Fast Charging" for only a few seconds then goes to just "Charging" with a 3 hour estimate time. Would this mean I just need an exchange or is it a known issue like the boot loop issue with the G4?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It might be just a problem with your phone

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

IF you look at the fine print on these things, it should tell you if a particular version of the phone is not compatible. Also Anker is an aftermarket brand which means it can miss the boat in a few things. Best bet is to deal with the manufacturer or the cell phone store. Like Reginald Bowie said cheaper isn't always better. Even cheap cases (although less likely) can sometimes [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] .

0 Likes
JC-Tx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 LG G5 through Verizon and having the same results with both Anker and Aukey certified and tested QC 3.0 devices. These are 2 of the most trusted and reliable brands in the tech industry not 'cheap" knock offs. I have tested them both on AT&T phones and work correctly.  It is obviously related to the Verizon config of the phone. Has this been documented as a known issue to be fixed with an update?

0 Likes