No ringers after vs98546A update.
dorlopp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, last night the 46A update to marshmallow popped up on my screen. I did as I have done many times before and allowed the update to download and to then install. After the update my wife called and MY PHONE DID NOT RING!!!!!!  I checked all my settings because I thought something may have been muted or the volume turned down. Well nothing is turned off or muted and not there is absolutely no ringtone when I get an incoming call. WHAT ON EARTH!!!! I thought I could use the verizon/ LG upgrade assistant to try to reinstall the update under the repair section. I was wrong it will not allow me to reinstall the update. I am not stuck with NO RINGTONES when I receive a call. I am NOT happy!! Why do you send an update out that causes problems and not have the ability to use your own software update assistant the ability to repair your software mess? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No ringers after vs98546A update.
Snn5
Legend

Factory Reset the phone.

0 Likes
dorlopp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is more info. I am not Technically illiterate I have reset to factory 3X and even tried a settings reset. I tried to use the Verizon LG Upgrade tool and everything to try to get my fingers to work all to no avail! I honestly would not even post here had I not tried everything at my disposal to fix this problem. There has to be something wrong with the update I received because before the update I had absolutely no issues with anything. I even tried shutting all sound off, rebooting and turning it all back in after the reboot....nothing. When I have my Bluetooth on I hear only the ring in the Bluetooth and when Bluetooth is off still no ringer when I receive a call. I am at a loss other than to send it to tech support but info do that employer can not get in touch with me so I hesitate to send the phone out. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If a factory reset didn't fix the issue (with the restore apps option in reset unchecked) then there is no other Verizon-accepted answer other than warranty repair, exchange, or out of warranty repair.

0 Likes
dorlopp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is what worked. I went into recovery mode. When I was in recovery mode I had to wipe the cache and when it rebooted...poof everything worked properly again. Thank you for trying though. This suggestion on a fix came from LG directly.