Overheating & battery draining issues
jrysavy82

Since I got this phone (about 3 months ago), I've had major overheating & battery draining issues. I've talked to Verizon about it and they just tell me to factory reset my phone and slowly install my apps one by one to figure out which one is doing it. I've done it once... I'm not going to do this every time. Even after doing this, it still has the problem. What can I do about it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Overheating & battery draining issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We are sorry to read about the issues that you are having with the device. That step is listed to make sure the issue isn't due to a third party application. What type of device do you have and the software version.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jrysavy82

I have the LG G3 and software version VS98523C, android version 5.0.1.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I didn't have this issue on KitKat. Then I got Lollipop and I have this issue. We just have to wait for a fix from Google and LG.

0 Likes
jrysavy82

I've had this problem since I bought the phone 3 months ago. It's only

gotten worse.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Yup! And Lollipop has made my device overheat and the battery drains way faster than it ever did. You can get a secondary battery and charger on Amazon cheap with Prime shipping (if you have it) but, like I said, Google has to release a fix for it. We are all experiencing these issues but lots of the community put pressure on VZW for the update to be allowed on our devices and look where it got us. I got no new feature that I use or that I think are cool and I got a bunch of headaches with Lollipop.  I wanted it just as much as everyone else and I updated to it the second that I found out it was available. Would I have held off if I had known these things were going to happen? ABSOLUTELY! But it is what it is at this point. Call LG and write to Google.

0 Likes
jrysavy82

The battery has been replaced, twice.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is not a battery issue. It is never a battery issue. It is a software issue. I have reset my phone twice since Lollipop. Still the same. I was suggesting getting a second battery and when charging your phone at night you can charge the second battery as well. For fairly cheap (I think like $25) you can get a second battery and standalone charger. The battery is easy enough to slip into your pocket and you only have a small amount of downtime while switching.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jrysavy82,

I can understand how frustrating this has been. Getting the most out of your battery is truly important. Let's try this http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-156889/. Power cycle the phone and retest. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've read through this post to figure out where you are with this, and I would like to offer some advice. I too am a G3 owner with version VS98512B (KitKat 4.4.2).  I'm still rocking that version, and -- like you -- I had the superheating, battery draining phone issues, so I went to the Play Store and tried a bunch of different task killing apps.  MOST OF THEM DO NOT WORK! I tried the main ones too like CleanMaster (Cheetah Mobile) and DU Speedbooster (DU Apps), In almost every case, the apps they turn off turn right back on, so they might be good on other counts, but they are useless for addressing the overheating issue. I don't care how many stars they've been given by how many users.  For some reason, they don't do the job on the LG G3.

But here's the good news: THERE IS ONE THAT WORKS. Advanced Task Manager (Infolife LLC)

Advanced Task Manager - Boost - Android Apps on Google Play

After loading it up, I went into the settings and pretty much checked every box and set every option from "off" to "on," except for the following: "Exit after Kill" I left unchecked because I want this app to keep running in the background; and those options referencing old interface options I left unchecked as well.  Also, in the settings, you will find Regular Kill; Open that option up by clicking it and you will see the further option to specify how often it kills.  I set the kill frequency to every 5 minutes.  And, for even further convenience, go into your widgets (not apps) and find the Advanced Task Cleaner 1x1 widget and put it on one of your desktop screens.  Whenever you feel like the phone is overheating, press that and it will do a quick task kill.  When that doesn't work (rarely), I just power the phone off and on again.

I haven't had any problems with overheating since installing this app.  The guys at Infolife LLC seem to be the only ones who understand this problem with apps turning back on after you shut them off, so they designed there's to continually shut them down.  Good Luck.

0 Likes