zeldagodfrey

Have just purchased Velvet and am trying to pair with Chromebook. Have gone to bluetooth on both devices with mobile data on phone and also tried with hotspot. Acer Chromebook Says " no internet". Must I go to a wifi connection to set this up? Am eating up data using hotspot to connect the two. Also trying to mirror to TV so as not to eat up hotspot data. I live in a rural area with no wifi available and have to rely on my phone for internet access and streaming. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pair
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, Zeldagodfrey, when you try to search for Bluetooth signals on your phone to connect your Chromebook to is, does it show as an option? 

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Pair
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

zeldagodfrey

Bluetooth on both chromebook (chrome os) and smartphone (android 10) work just fine. But!! They can not see each other. Why?? I can not find any information on this anywhere. Not Google, Chrome OS, and or Android OS. Verizon says seek Customer Servers from phone manufacture. Android OS even has bluetooth tethering. No conclusion!

Wifi "hotspot" is like a wireless router built in your phone. You have to have a Carrier plan that allows hotspot. If you do you have to turn it on. Not the "Wifi". That looks for other wifi routers. It will be under tethering settings or and Icon in the top of phone pull down menu. On a Smart TV go to network settings and use wifi, same for chromebook.

Mirroring won't save any data usage. Picture not as good on smart tv as you would get connecting to wifi hotspot.

Hope this helps

0 Likes