Phone locks up constantly after 6.0 upgrade
thraashman

I got the Marshmallow upgrade pushed to my phone on Friday. Since then the phone started locking up fairly regularly where I have to pull the battery to use it. I've done 2 different resets of the phone now and I haven't had it stay functional for even 5 minutes at a time since then. Any suggestions? How possible is it to downgrade the software version back to Lollipop and how would I go about doing that if it is possible?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone locks up constantly after 6.0 upgrade
Snn5
Legend

It's not possible....warranty wise. Can't discuss how to.

0 Likes
woodhengestudios
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have another thread going that may help here:

Marshmallow Upgrade: Phone does not wake up

Look for my last post; the fix may work for you as well.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm not having any issues on my G4.

0 Likes
thraashman

Unfortunately I don't think the sensor is the issue for me. I've had it just lock up and crash with the screen one where it goes fuzzy then sometimes reboots, sometimes doesn't and I have to pull the battery. I've done both suggestions from the thread linked. The software one didn't work for me, I've just tried the other option. Thing is it started working fine this past Sunday after being basically worthless the two days before. Then starting Wednesday it was locking up again every couple minutes, then it worked fine for about a day, before locking up regularly again, then fine for about 15 hours ... repeat.

I'm gonna go to a Verizon store tomorrow and see what they can do for me. If it's nothing I'm sure someone has already started considering a class action lawsuit that I'll happily join.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No such thing as a class action lawsuit.....read your vzw customer agreement.

0 Likes