Re: Phone sending duplicate text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SIGS48,
Your messages shouldn’t send out more than once. Let’s get to work. I value your time, so let’s begin with what steps you have already taken to troubleshoot this duplicate concern? What patterns have you noticed on the duplicating messages? Any details can help out.  

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SIGS48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what I've tried to do to resolve the problem:

• I've tried this while on WiFi and off WiFi.
    • Same result whether on or off WiFi.
  • I've tried restarting the phone by holding the power button and choosing the option Power Off and Restart.
    • Same result
  • I've tried restarting the phone by completely pulling the battery.
    • Same result

Note that this persists across numerous users that I text.  It does not appear to be specific to any one user.

Chilll
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same problem. Did you update or merge your contacts before this started happening? My issue was for some reason the people i was texting had the same phone number as mine. Something happened that it changed the other peoples phone number to mine. Once i figured this out problem gone. Dont know how it happened could of been an app. Hope this helps

0 Likes
SIGS48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Merge contacts how?  With another app? Remember, this problem is not just duplicates but 3, 4, 9 (NINE!) texts.

Update contacts? I would have certainly done this for any new or contacts that have new information.

Quick rant: I'm miffed at Verizon Support which promptly responds to my comment on this thread about having the same issue.  They literally go missing when I answer their question.

Thank you Verizon.  Sometimes it's better to never reply on thread as it shows your attempt to be helpful as a meaningless gesture when you disappear. 

/rant

0 Likes
Verizonlgg6269
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is doing it as well. Stock texting app. Never did it before that I know of but exact same symptom. The "sending" circle keeps spinning and then the recipient complains of multiple texts. It comes and goes. The phone must think the text hasn't gone through so it keeps resending but in reality the texts go through multiple times

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to message without this hassle. Please try settings>Application manager>All (tab)> select the messaging application>clear cache>clear data> Retest. We will be here for the results.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Verizonlgg6269
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since my last post, Android marshmallow 6.0 has been pushed out for the G3. My friends and family said the duplicate texts have stopped for now but I will repost if it happens again. I will also clear my messaging cache and report back if the issue continues. Thanks

Firedancermom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought the new LG Stylo 5 from Verizon. Get triplicate text messages from everybody. I have done everything I know how to stop it has called tech support chatted with online support  they offered no help .  this is a piece of garbage phone the phone freezes up, slow and sluggish and you can't return it because they tell you to keep it you'll get used to it. You spend days on end trying to get help until it's too late to return it. This is ridiculous

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret the inconvenience as IU know the importnace of enjoying a working phone. MAy I ask what messaging application are you using? Is the phne freezzing or running slow in a certain application or process? Did this start after installing a new application? - YaleK_VZW

0 Likes