Phone will not power on. Even after removing battery and then replacing it.
poosledoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does not work when charger is connected. If I leave the battery out for 30+ minutes it will turn on with the LG screen the go blank again. What could be the issue? It will not let me hard reset either.

Labels (2)
Re: Phone will not power on. Even after removing battery and then replacing it.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pooseledoo We're sorry to hear your LG is not powering on. Let's see how we can resolve this for you. When did the issue begin? How many different chargers have you tried?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TahoeDJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the exact same problem with mine.........started about a month ago with software upgrade.  Immediately, would not recognize sim card.  Purchased new sim card and used software assistant and fixed that problem.  Now I was in the middle of using my G3 and it went completely dead.......rebooted and would go to start screen, but never past.  Now total brick, no charging light, nothing on screen....battery was at 50% and ive used multiple chargers.  Very disappointed a 13 month old $700 phone is now useless.  May have to switch to TMobile.  My FOUR year old phone I had before still works!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TahoeDJ, having a phone that doesn’t turn on can be a nuisance. I rely on my phone for multiple things, as I’m sure you do as well. We don’t want to lose our loyal customers, so let me help bring yours back to life.

Thanks for advising me on the steps you’ve already taken. When was the last time your phone turned on? Have you tried using the Software Repair Tool to fix your device again? Are you getting any errors on the phone or with the repair tool?

MarkP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bluesluvher
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the very same problem! I was talking on the device and it shut down, that was Monday 3/28/16 and it will not power back on. I have removed my battery, tried to power it on, connected to Verizon charger...still nothing. The last update caused several problems for my device. I went to a Verizon store where the customer service person reset my phone. Not a factory reset but the other option.

Right now I have no phone.

Can I also get a credit to my account for this inconvenience? I know billing right!?

bluesluvher
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey where are you?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What a disaster, to read about, bluesluver. After another battery pull and reinsertion, while the phone is off the charger,

does the System recovery screen come up when you

press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button?
DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Re: Phone will not power on. Even after removing battery and then replacing it.
poosledoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried multiple chargers. I brought it to Verizon store and the battery is fine.

The phone was not dropped, soaked, or heated.

It is basically a brick now.

It's stone dead.

THIS IS AN EX-PHONE

0 Likes
Re: Re: Phone will not power on. Even after removing battery and then replacing it.
TahoeDJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have now shipped mine back to LG after talking with a rep.  He made it very clear I will be responsible for the cost of any fixes if it can be fixed.  Crossing my fingers that maybe I get lucky and they send me a new one.  Also, stopped by a corporate store, FINALLY a store willing to work with me, offered to take my non working LG phone and pay off remaining balance in return for me upgrading and adding a line at $10 a month.  Yeah, dont really need an extra line but at least someone is working WITH me.   VERIZON you need a better policy for these situations.  Regardless I wont be getting an LG phone again, very disappointed.  Switching carriers still may be in the works.Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can try the hardware key reset from powered off status, or use Android Device Manager once the phone is powered on from a desktop Google account ADM page to wipe the phone, resetting it.

0 Likes