Phones locks into 3g after software update
jbjj61
Enthusiast - Level 2

About two weeks after I updated my phone's software to 6.0 my phone will get stuck on 3g data. The only way to get back to 4g data is to either restart the phone or turn airplane mode on and then off.Is there anything I can do ?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phones locks into 3g after software update
jbjj61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a new sim card and it fixed the issue

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbjj61, we want you to have a device you can depen on. What is your ZIP Code?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jbjj61
Enthusiast - Level 2

07052  and also at work the same issue and that is 11367

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jbjj61,

I appreciate that information, it's helpful. Please allow me to backtrack a little and ask you a couple of questions. When did this begin? Was it right after the update? Does your phone get a 4G signal anywhere, or is it just in these 2 zip codes? 

One last question, if I may. When picking up 3G, please power your device off/on and see if 4G comes up. The phone will always search for a 4G signal on power up.

Keep us posted, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbjj61
Enthusiast - Level 2

this started about a month ago. It is in all different locations . most of the time when i restarted the phone i have 4g for about 20 min and then is  stays at 3g until i restart the phone or after i turn airplane mode on and off? just for reference I am currently on software version VS98546A.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate this information, jbjj61. I do see that you are behind on software version. Are you able to update by going to Settings>System Updates?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbjj61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have updated to VS98547A and I am still having the same issue can it be sim card related?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking that jbjj61. I can certainly understand how upsetting this must be for you. Do you have other lines having this issue? We can definitely try a new SIM card. You can get a free SIM card at any VZW store.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
jbjj61
Enthusiast - Level 2

no ,no other device or phone on our plan are having this issue

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added info jbjj61. Power off the phone and remove the SIM card for a few minutes. Insert the SIM card back into the phone power on. Retest and see if the issue persist. We may need to remplace the SIM card. You can get a free SIM card replacements at any VZW store location.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes