Photos with Zoom
PnStJrSy
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I take pictures using the zoom on the phone, should the pictures be coming out pixelated? One of the reasons I initially got this phone was because the camera was supposed to be good. The pictures do look beautiful EXCEPT when I zoom in. Then they seem to be more pixelated. I should have looked into this sooner, but I didn't.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Photos with Zoom
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a properly working device is key! However with the camera not working properly does concern us. Let’s look to see what we can find out for you PnStJrSy. How long has this been happening? Since this issue has been happening, what steps were tried to get this going ?(want to make sure we don’t repeat the same ones if we don’t have to) Is this happening intermittent or consistently?  

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PnStJrSy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been happening since I got the phone - October of 2014. No steps have been taken to resolve it yet - I let it go for too long. I think the issue is happening consistently, but I'm not sure. I've gotten in the habit of avoiding using the zoom too often.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My phone camera is very important, I hardly ever use any other one. PnStJrSy, does this pixelation happen right when you view the picture on the phone, or when you print the picture? Is it very fuzzy, or is it just a small amount of pixelation? Does it make a difference as to how much you zoom? Cell phone camera quality does tend to go down, the more that you zoom. These additional details will help us get a clearer picture of what may be causing the problem.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PnStJrSy
Enthusiast - Level 2

The pixelation happens when I view the picture on the phone. I'd almost describe it in between the two options you gave - it isn't VERY fuzzy, but it's enough pixelation that it definitely isn't clear. I guess closer to the "small amount of pixelation" though. I think it does get worse the more I zoom, but it seems to get to the point where it is pixelated pretty quickly without that much zoom. I know quality is expected to be somewhat worse with more zoom. But I've taken pictures at places alongside other people taking similar pictures, and I can see how much clearer their pictures are with similar zoom. When I was choosing a phone, this one was identified as having excellent camera/picture quality, so this has surprised me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
PnStJrSy,

Let's get youtaking pictures again! We are going to reboot yoru camera app. Can you go to Settings->Application Manager? Along the top you can drag your finger then from right to left until it shows ALL up above. This is going to pull up a list a mile long of everything on your device. Can you go to your Camera app?  It should be in alphabetical order.

Can I then have you click on Force stop and then Clear Data and Clear Cache? After you have done this can you power the device off and back on again? Once everything is back up, go ahead and test out the camera. Keep us posted if you notice a difference.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes