Re: Poor cell service constantly dropping calls
Gawi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for longer than I can remember and have never had the problems that I am having now.    It's ridiculous and if it isn't fixed, I'm switching to another carrier.

I used to have very good service at my home and now....nothing.    I lost power at the house the other night due to a storm and couldn't get online to do anything.  Having nothing better to do while sitting in the dark, I decided to call Verizon wireless to ask why their service is suddenly so lousy and ended up spending over 1 hour waiting for a customer service person to answer my call.  They kept trying to push their virtual assistant which is terrible in general and useless in my case because I couldn't get online to access it. 

The problem isn't just at my home either.  It is in the town where I live and work as well as much of the surrounding area.  I don't live out in the middle of nowhere either.  This is a major metropolitan area.  

Co-workers who also use verizon wireless are having the same problem so it isn't my phone.  It is their service (or lack thereof) and they really should be ashamed of their product at this point.  The reception is so bad that I had to pair my phone with my car several miles away because there wasn't enough of a signal to make the connection where I live.  It is ridiculous.  I don't know what they did but I wish that they would undo it and give me my old service back.

Teachveech
Enthusiast - Level 1

My zip is 13903.  Having the same problem,! Had Verizon for 20 years. We constantly lose calls or others can't hear us for 10 seconds or so for the last 2 years.  All phones on our plan as well as visitors to our home who have Verizon experience this. We have. Verizon signal booster and it is still happening.  What is going on.  Tired of years of excuses.  Ready to switch companies

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your loyalty, we appreciate your business. The last thing we want is for you to switch. Getting the best service is your priority and providing it is ours. When did the issue start? What recent changes have you made? What exactly happens when you try to use the service (dropped calls, delayed text, slow data, etc.)?

GilbertoL_VZW

jlmbarnett77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here in VA with zip code 24060 and 24111 have had the same problem for the last few months. What in the world is going on Verizon??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your 2 decades of service with Verizon. I'm sad to hear your service hasn't been what you expected. I'd like to start some troubleshooting to help with your concern for a better experience. How does this sound?  -CarterV_VZW

0 Likes
Tony_McQ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue as the rest of you. I pay too much money for terrible reception! When I first got Verizon it was perfect. In the past year it's been equivalent to when I had Sprint. I tried calling to talk to someone about this today and I wasted 30 minutes and never talked to a soul! That is terrible. I'm in Miami-Dade, 33033, and there should be no reason that all of a sudden I rarely get over 2 bars. 

ab95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in Raleigh, NC and am experiencing the same poor reception with two cell phones and an iphone that previously got great reception.  Now we constantly have 1 bar or no service and we are located very close to a cell tower.  What's the deal?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ab95, having reliable service is always important. Allow us the opportunity to investigate. When did this concern start? What services are impacted (calls, text, data)? Also, does your service concern happen primarily indoors?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlmbarnett77, I regret hearing that you've been having trouble with your service for the last few months. I know that I would be reaching out for help too, and I appreciate your patience. Let's keep your calls connected. Can you share the nearest cross streets there in 24060 and 24111 where you experience this issue the most? What happens with text messages or data at these locations? Do you know if any other Verizon users or devices are having the same trouble at these locations? JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're right. There should be no reason. Let's turn this experience around. What is the make and model of your device? May I have a nearby cross street where this is going on in 33033?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes