Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Question about returning phone during upgrade
t4keheart

Hi everyone, 

I recently discovered that I have an upgrade available on my line. My current phone has ~$90 until it's paid off. I opted to upgrade to a new iphone, charge the $90 to next month's bill, and return my current phone, for which they offered me half the credit of what I still owe ($45) off the charges. 

So my question is this- am I still able to change my mind about this? Can I go into verizon store and pay off the $90 I still owe on my current device so I can just keep it as a backup? What happens if I don't return the current phone? Do they just charge the full $90 to the bill? Are there extra charges for that?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: Question about returning phone during upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

t4keheart-

I totally understand wanting to keep your old phone as a backup. No worries, you can keep the old phone and just pay off the remaining balance to upgrade to a new phone. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.

-Carment_VZW

0 Likes