Ringtones won't download
Jazzyray

Just upgraded to LG G8 ThinQ and I can't get ringtones i just purchased from Verizon Tones App to download. When i select ringtone from download menu, it just says dowloading, but it never starts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ringtones won't download
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jazzyray, not being able to download ringtones is very concerning to me especially on a new device. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me what happens when you attempt to update the ringtone from the settings of the phone? Also, confirm for me do the recently downloaded ringtones show up in the settings area of the device?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Jazzyray

The ringtones don’t show up in the settings area, because they never download. When I start the download, I get a message downloading ringtone and a long black line, but the download never starts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the details provided, Jazzyray. I have verified there are no reported issues with our Verizon Tones app. Are you attempting to download the ringtones via Wi-Fi or over the cellular network? Have you every been able to download a ringtone to your device successfully from our Verizon Ringtone app?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Aternatives are to use any .mp3 file (put it in the phone's internal Ringtones folder) or Zedge

0 Likes
Jazzyray

I have tried both wi-fi and cellular network. I've never been able to download from Verizon ringtones app on my new device. I have downloaded on my previous galaxy s8+

0 Likes
Jazzyray

Got it to work, by going to settings and turning on use cellular network if wi-fi not connected. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get to the bottom of this ringtone issue ASAP.  A private message has been sent to assist you further. 

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes