Samsung to LG
HonnyBrown
Enthusiast - Level 2

After 3 Samsungs with swollen batteries, I finally upgraded to an LG V60.  I have some questions that I hope you can answer.

1.  What ad blocking software are you effectively using?  The one I had on my Galaxy hid the ads in apps and Chrome.  With the V60, I had to delete the ad laden apps and use the Samsung browser through Ad Clear.

2.  Where are the widgets?  Under "Wallpaper and Themes," I see wallpaper, themes and Always On, but no widgets.

3.  How do I keep my LG on while on my home wifi or when connected to my Fitbit?

Thanks in advance and stay safe!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung to LG
HonnyBrown
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Does https://www.verizon.com/support/lg-v60-thinq-5g-uw/ help?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
HonnyBrown
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks jav6, I appreciate it. The user guide isn't much help.

Do you have an ad block on your LG?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Thanks jav6, I appreciate it. The user guide isn't much help.

Do you have an ad block on your LG?

I do not have an LG phone.  I do NOT have an ad block on my moto z4.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
HonnyBrown
Enthusiast - Level 2

jav6, I appreciate the help.  Have a great evening and stay safe!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is no Verizon Provided application add blocker at this time. You may want to look into third party options for such. We have web and internet mobile protection services through Verizon Protect as well. As for Widgets, these are found by pressing and holding on any open space in the home screen to add them to your shortcuts. The device should remain connected, and store passwords of the devices you connect to unless a reset is performed on the device. Have you been able to keep any of the devices or Wi-Fi connected for a prolonged time?

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
HonnyBrown
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support  @RobertH_VZW

Thank you for the reply.  I found the widgets and a decent ad blocker.

In regards to my third question, with my Samsung S7, I was able to set it up so it did not lock while on my home wifi or near my FitBit.  I wanted to know if LG had the same capability.  I confirmed with them that it does not.

Stay safe!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update, HonnyBrown. It is always great to hear back when the answer to an issue is found. That’s what this forum is all about. Going forward, let us know if there is anything further we can do to help out.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes