Shutdowns after 4CA patch
psudrumjas
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the 4CA update, my LG G3, which has been rock solid, has started to shutdown, and getting it going again is very difficult.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Can I back off to patch level 4BA?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Shutdowns after 4CA patch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important to us that you get the performance you need from your device, psudrumjas and I’m happy to help you today. Let’s go over a few details and eliminate this issue.

Just for clarification, did the phone begin to shut down immediately after the update? Besides the software update, have you made any other changes to the phone? Are you doing anything in particular when this occurs?

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
psudrumjas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Steve,

No, it wasn't immediately after the update, it was a day later.  I don't recall making any other changes to the phone.  I was reading a book with the Amazon Kindle app when the screen just went blank and the phone died.  I had got it back up and running a time or two.  Now it seems to be hard-bricked; the farthest it ever gets is the red Verizon screen, and that only having the battery pulled for more than an hour, but then it shuts down.  If I try to restart it again without pulling the battery, it won't turn on at all.

Thank you for any help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The updates are meant to make your phone better psudrumjas. Sorry to learn that you have had some issues here with your device. Does the phone shut down when using specific apps or is it random? You mentioned using the Kindle app, but I wanted to know if it happened with other apps as well. After the software update did you ensure all the apps were up to date?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
psudrumjas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Nicole,

I had updated the apps on the phone. It died while I was using Amazon

Kindle. It also died in Microsoft Solitaire. I got it restarted again; it

worked for a day, but now I can't even get past the red Verizon screen, it

just shuts down.

Thank You,

John

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
sunballer90

I am having the same problem.  I was on Chrome when it first crashed and now it wont start past the Verizon Red screen.  A day or two after the update was installed.  Tried switching the batteries and safe mode, both did not help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the added details psudrumjas. I want to make sure we get a resolution on this for you. I have sent you a private message to best assist.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable device is a must, sunballer90. I appreciate all the self troubleshooting steps you already have attempted. Let’s take a closer look into this. Please respond to the private message I have sent you.

JosephE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
topp2

Not experiencing shutdowns with my LG G3.  However, I'm getting a weird icon in status bar only a few days after system update.  Only appears for about a day then disappears not to appear again.  This has happened on two separate occasions (4BA & 4CA updates).  I visited my local Verizon store, presented screenshot, and was told "hummm, we don't know".  I can tell you it's not the icon for headphones being plugged into the audio jack.  Although, it seems many in this community and others believe it is.  I have a screenshot but have no option to attach with this post.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you been able to find any resources online to confirm what this is? Can you Private Message us the screenshot?

TylerK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes