Software Upgrade Assistant Tool Not Pushing 6.0 update
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Attempting to update my Verizon LG G3 to android 6.0 using the Software Assistant Upgrade Tool, as I used to upgrade to 5.0, and 5.1. Also as instructed on this page regarding the update: LG G3 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I have followed the detailed instructions here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/lg-intuition-instructions-sua.pdf

And unlike the updates to 5.0 and 5.1 which worked properly, the 6.0 update doesn't seem to be available using this method yet. Is there a date when it is expected to be pushed through the update assistant tool, or has it been overlooked? Thank you in advance for looking into this.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Software Upgrade Assistant Tool Not Pushing 6.0 update
jvelez
Enthusiast - Level 2

SUA does not work. I updated manually through LGUP yesterday. It's too easy and my lg vs985 works perfectly.

http://www.mylgphones.com/how-to-flash-android-6-0-m-stock-firmware-on-lg-vs985-using-lg-up-software

View solution in original post

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Untitled.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Redhawkruger, that new software is certainly something we are excited to get on phones. While the software is now being released to your phone, typically you will see that it takes ten days after this releaser for the Software Assistant Upgrade Tool to show this update as available. This is because the software the software is rolled out slowly to all of the phones of this make and model to ensure a smooth transition to the new update.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for confirming that it WILL come to the software update tool! I'll follow up here in a couple of weeks if it still hasn't shown up, I can be patient.

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's actually been 21 days now since the update was pushed out via OTA updates, yet the software upgrade assistant still shows "up to date".... I feel like something may have been overlooked.

kenyaone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im also eagerly awaiting the Marshmallow 6.0 upgrade. Nothing on my software upgrade tool and the OTA has bein going on for over a week now. Hope it will come soon.

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has now been 29 days, I've unmarked the suggestion that it typically takes 10 days to reach the upgrade tool as correct. When will this update be pushed out via all avenues?

0 Likes
kenyaone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suspect this may have something to do with it. Verizon Enterprises was  hacked and information on 1.5 million customers put up for sale.  They're website too was compromised. http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/03/after-verizon-breach-1-5-million-customer-records-put-up-for...

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are now up to 41 days without update being available. Is "typically you will see that it takes ten days" still the best estimate you have for this? Verizon Wireless Customer Support

redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

So.... at this point is it correct to assume that the lg software upgrade tool has been abandoned? It is still mentioned in the verizon upgrade instructions so it seems like there is conflicting information between two parties.