Re: Software Upgrade Assistant Tool Not Pushing 6.0 update
kenyaone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just as baffled as you are.  I see even note 4 are getting updates on  other networks yet on  note 5 we  not  only  can't  get  update,  we can't even get an  explanation!

redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have an exact date yet when this will roll out via the software update tool?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to see you're still having trouble getting the update for your G3, redhawkruger. I compared the version in the screenshot you gave and see there are defintely 2 newer updates now available for the phone. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-g3-update  Are you also unable to update over the air? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the update assistant?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried right clicking on the upgrade assistant icon in the system tray and selecting 'check for upgrades' and it now says it's downloading an upgrade.... this was done without the phone plugged in. I will plug the phone in once the update is downloaded and report back.

Untitled.png

redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now it has downloaded the update, but still when I click "upgrade device now"

Untitled.png

it goes through the same process from "checking the device information" to  "up to date" status.

I actually found the downloaded kdz file, VS98547A_01_0314_ARB01 which is 1.5GB in size, but the software still won't load it to my phone. I have a full log available also if there is somebody I can send it to for further troubleshooting. This is not only me having this issue, I have not heard of a single user being able to update to 6.0 via the desktop tool. Verizon Wireless Customer Support

kenyaone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also downloaded large file and installed.  But SUA  still shows my Verizon Note 5 is  'up to date'  on lollipop  5.1.1.

redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like a simple bug they could fix, just need to get the word to the right person at Verizon/LG so they can update the software correctly....

kenyaone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Guess these corporations are too top heavy.  Too big for THEIR own good especially Samsung. Once you've bought they're phone your forgotten. International note 4 is getting marshmallow update while note 5 SM-N920V can't get through smart switch or  SUA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to be sure you get those great updates, redhawkruger. Thanks for trying those extra steps. Instead of installing through the tool, have you been able to try direct from your phone http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-110860 ?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
redhawkruger
Enthusiast - Level 3

No updates available when I try OTA directly from phone. As expected. I have gotten all updates through the desktop software via USB. Instructions indicate this should work for marshmallow as well.