Software Upgrade Assistant rolling out 24B in batches?
joosegoose25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really excited to grab this update and get my wifi notifications back, but it hasn't been pushed OTA to me yet. No problem, I can just update using the SUA, right? Wrong...it claims my G3 running build 23A is up to date.

Confused, I called and a representative informed me that not only is the OTA update being pushed out in batches, the same is true for the SUA (which has not been the case for any other update at all). I was told to give it a good 3-4 weeks before worrying about not receiving it.

Is this true, or is something else wrong that is going to prevent me from ever getting the update? I would really like to get timely notifications again.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Software Upgrade Assistant rolling out 24B in batches?
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

This is true for all updates. They always roll out in batches so that if something is majorly wrong, they can stop the update from getting to massive amounts of users. It usually doesn't take 3-4 weeks for everyone to get it though. I would guess you would have it by the end of the week.

joosegoose25
Enthusiast - Level 2

All due respect, but that's not true. I understand OTA updates are always rolled out in batches, but the Software Upgrade Assistant is not over the air and has no such restriction. In the past I have been able to grab updates immediately there when it hadn't reached my phone OTA yet. The rep I spoke to understand this, which is why even she seemed surprised when she found out and told me that the SUA was rolling out in batches as well.

0 Likes
joosegoose25
Enthusiast - Level 2

To give an example of what I'm talking about. The Assistant displays the phone as "up to date" despite running version 23A.

2AjmXls.png

0 Likes
Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got the OTA this morning.  Check your phone for system updates and see if it's there.

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

How do you know they haven't changed their methods and aren't rolling out the update in batches on SUA too? You work for Verizon? They may be a little more tentative with this update after the massive problems they had with the last one. You have been able to pull the update using SUA in the past but this is the present, things change. I think they pulled the 23C update because of the issues they had with it so that may be why it's saying you are up to date with 23A. Also, 23A wasn't an official update so you may have messed up the update process when you installed that manually. My guess is you won't get much help from Verizon if you tell them you have 23A and not 23C. Good luck. I hope you are able to get the update soon because it has fixed all of the bugs I had with 23C.

0 Likes