Tapping on screen won't wake phone, nor will it turn it off anymore.
Meredavey
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started yesterday, my screen is black and I used to be able to double tap to wake it, then in an empty area double tap to make it lock.

I can no longer do this! I have no idea what happened, nor can I find any settings for it. Thank goodness I had power button lock enabled, or I wouldn't be able to turn my phone on!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Tapping on screen won't wake phone, nor will it turn it off anymore.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want this tapping feature to work as always, Meredavey. Let's get some additional information and explore ways to resolve. Did you install/update any applications/software yesterday before the issue start? Is there any physical or water damage to the device? Is it still within the manufacturers' one year warranty?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PATRIOTS_CHIC

Was this ever resolved? I have the same problem after installing an update in my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shelby, we want to make sure your phone is up and working properly. We are here to provide assistance. Sometimes software updates can have trouble downloading correctly. The first step in troubleshooting would be to have you run a device health check. Follow the link for instructions: http://vz.to/2j4YSuk

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes