Terrible experience with LG
ErikP343
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi All, Sorry if this is long but I think the whole story is pertinent!

Had my G3 for about 8 months, got it the day it came out for Verizon. Recently started noticing i was no longer able to long press icons, long press snapchats, and use the screen in various ways like couldnt press buttons in the top right corner screen and other ways. Called LG since its under warranty they said send it in and theyll repair it.

Went and used their label and put into an box and sent it. One week later they received it and very quickly a package was sent out to me, even seemed like they didnt receive the package before the new one was sent. Well, by week 2 they sent back the WRONG PHONE. It was an optimus phone. Here's where it gets bad.

Calling their customer support and being on hold for very long periods of time, they said multiple times that I had in fact gotten the correct phone and me telling them no its not, they finally realized and said oh ok you received the wrong phone. They then told me even my other phone would be returned to me 'as is' because of 'Liquid Damage'. This is an all out lie, they sent me a blurry photo of the innards of a phone with 'corrosion' around the outside saying thats the water damage.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE. I took care of my phone like a baby, had a big case, not a scratch or blemish on it it has never been near or in the water ever. I tell them that they say well there's nothing we can do and they will be contacting me about instructions for sending back the wrong phone and how they're going to first find, then get my old broken phone back to me.

I could not believe the mess this has become. Going on 3 weeks now without a phone and even when I do get it back, which will be for weeks at this rate, itll still come back broken and with the lie that I had water damage.

Even funnier (more suspicious) the phone that they sent me also says 'Sent back unrepairable -- liquid damage'. So they did it to this guy, and me, and it all seems a bit too easy for them to just get phones and send them back saying its liquid damage and making it up so they dont repair them.

Going to be a month without a phone and even when I do get it back its still broken, what should I do? Guess just go to my insurance and get it replaced, which means I need to pay the deductable and who knows the hurdles going that route..great..

Anything you guys think I can do? This is a very disappointing and frustrating situation which Im sure Im not alone in.. Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible experience with LG
Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you purchase some kind of insurance thru Verizon? (Extended warranty, Total Care, etc.).  I can assure you dealing with the insurance provider is much easier than dealing with a multi-national corporation that manufactures one of everything.  Yes paying the deductible sucks, but at least you are dealing with a much smaller company who's sole function is to get you back to good (or at least better).  Also, did you get all of the pertinent hardware information off of your phone: Serial number, IMEI, etc?  That information is vital to ensure you do indeed get back exactly what you sent them.

I wish you luck

ErikP343
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have the total protection insurance and I am going that route. Yes I have receipts and imei numbers and everything.

I just really dont understand the lie of liquid damage.  And they try to send a blurry image of the inside of the phone as if the customer knows what they are looking at and has a clue as to what theyre showing.  Its insane.

This has put a very bad taste in my mouth for a company would do that to their customers.  Stinks.

Thanks for the reply @Razo_SE

0 Likes
Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anytime 🙂

0 Likes