Text message signature
dougesplin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't figure out where to set my auto signature for text messages in the default messaging app. When I go to Settings/Storage there is no option for signature even though it is listed in the Storage heading. How can I set up a signature for my text messages?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Text message signature
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dougesplin,

The messaging signature option is a great feature. Let's get to the bottom of this and get this resolved. Are you using the Messages application or the red Messages+ application? Which ever application you are using ensure it is set to the default messaging application by following here http://spr.ly/6589B3NmX After you ensure your desired application is set to default follow the steps below.

Set Signataure with the Messages application here http://spr.ly/6580B3Nmk

Set Signataure with the Messages+ application here http://spr.ly/6581B3NmZ

Please share if you need any additional assistance. Thank you.

TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dougesplin
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is exactly what I did as I said in the original message. I am using the Messages application. When I go to the Storage area under settings there is NO Option for signature. I don't know if this is a new issue in Lollipop, but it just isn't an option. Did they move the setting?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue working together dougesplin. What options do you see when opening the messages application>Settings>Storage? The signature option is still located in the storage setting in the messages application with Lollipop. The signature option should be between the Save To option and the Callback Number option. Please share so I may further assist accordingly. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dougesplin
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only options I have are: Delete old messages and Save to. See the screenshot. There is no other option under Storage.

Screenshot_2015-11-02-21-10-47.png

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Something isn't right here.

Screenshot_2015-11-02-12-20-45.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to help you with this.  I believe there may be a slight misunderstanding regarding this. When you say you want  a signature line, are you referring to texts or emails?  Arte you using the Veizon Messages+ application?
MatthewT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you providing a screen shot, dougesplin. There's definitely some missing pieces under that setting. If you have the Messages+ app, and follow the steps to set the signature,is the option available? Are you prompted to make it your default messaging app?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OP is using the stock LG messenger app.

0 Likes
dougesplin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes the option is there in the Message+ app. It is not there in the stock Message app that I am using. I don't want to use message+. It doesn't work well with foreign phone numbers.

0 Likes