The visual voicemail function is not working in WIFI mode, only in 3g/4g/lte mode. It started once updated with Lollipop. Please assist. Thanks
djlo2000

The visual voicemail function is not working in WIFI mode, only in 3g/4g/lte mode.  It started once updated with Lollipop. Please assist. Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The visual voicemail function is not working in WIFI mode, only in 3g/4g/lte mode. It started once updated with Lollipop. Please assist. Thanks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It's imperative you get the most out of your device! Does this behavior persist with the device in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/111u3eZ

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: The visual voicemail function is not working in WIFI mode, only in 3g/4g/lte mode. It started once updated with Lollipop. Please assist. Thanks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It's imperative you get the most out of your device! Does this behavior persist with the device in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/111u3eZ

YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
djlo2000

Yes. The trouble is still the same.  The Verizon Voicemail feature is still not working in WiFi mode but works well with WiFi off.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: The visual voicemail function is not working in WIFI mode, only in 3g/4g/lte mode.  It started once updated with Lollipop. Please assist. Thanks
Snn5
Legend

Do you have mobile data enabled when you are on WiFI?

0 Likes
djlo2000

Yes it is.  It has never been changed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
djlo2000,

Thanks for clarifying. Have you tried clearing the cache for visual voice mail? Settings> Manage applications> All> Visual VM> Clear cache and Force stop. Does this happen when connected to an alternate WiFi connection?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
djlo2000

I have cleared the cache per your request.  The voicemail still does not work in WiFi mode.  I have tried using it in other wireless connections at other friends' house and still not able to use it.  But as soon as I cut WiFi off, It works fine.

Thank You

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
djlo2000,

Thanks for trying that! I appreciate you working with us to get this resolved. I want to get more information regarding the issue.

What exactly about the visual voicemail isn't function while connected to WiFi? Are you not getting new voicemail message alerts? Are you not able to check your messages? Are callers not able to leave you a voicemail message? Are you getting any error message when trying to access visual voicemail while on WiFi?

Make sure your cellular data is turned on while connected to WiFi. Also, try this http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-156889/ and retest.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: The visual voicemail function is not working in WIFI mode, only in 3g/4g/lte mode.  It started once updated with Lollipop. Please assist. Thanks
djlo2000

When a person calls and leave a voice message, it pops up on the phone as a message.  When you gor to the voice mail section, it gives an error stating that it is not able to retrieve it.  When you refresh to try to retrieve the voice mail, it won't work.  But once you cut off your WiFi, the voice mail then populates and you can get voice mail with no problem.

Thanks

0 Likes