Re: Time to call your State Attorney General's Office...
PVansch1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been in contact with both Verizon Corporate Tech Support and third level LG support (not sure this one really exists as the tech barely spoke English)  Google as well.

Contacting the AG is a good idea, but the issues need to be clearly stated. Dates of updates, data usage before and after, etc

Verizon is NOT the one responsible for the update as someone else had stated in one of these threads. Google provides the Android OS. The manufacturers implement it on their hardware which they are responsible for verifying proper functionality.

So, each respective provider needs to be held accountable for their role in this.

Google as the originator - They only support their Nexus device if you call them.

LG as the device manufacturer - Is ultimately responsible for the issues at hand.

Verizon - As the service provider, we pay them, they need to pressure LG for the "Fix"

Hold Verizon accountable for the data overage as the collective "They" broke your phone and you should not have to pay for data overages until the issues are resolved. Back yourself up with providing them that you have not had overages prior to Lollipop, You can view your monthly usage on line and they can as well.

Be diligent, don't take NO for an answer.

Find your area President at the link below and let them know of the issues you are having.

Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless

kerih28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any luck?? It is obvious this was an upgrade issue as my phone is working completely now. I have about $75 in overage in the last 3 months and Verizon is who my money goes to therefore hold them responsible for a full refund.  Has anyone gotten refunds? Or heard of lawsuits? I was actually told by a C.S. Rep that my only 2 choices were to upgrade to unlimited data plan when right now I never go over 2th...OR to have them automatically turn my data off when I reached my data limit.  So I had the choices to either pay a substantial amount more OR to have NO phone unless on Wi-Fi which was not working. Gee thanks.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

kerih28 wrote:

Has anyone gotten refunds? Or heard of lawsuits?

No such thing as class action lawsuits:  read the agreement here, last paragraph:  Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

I was actually told by a C.S. Rep that my only 2 choices were to upgrade to unlimited data plan when right now I never go over 2th...

No such thing as an unlimited data plan.

OR to have them automatically turn my data off when I reached my data limit.

This is done on Prepaid Plans, not postpaid plans.  For any plan you can use the built in feature at a set limit or as always, "There's an app for that."

kerih28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, but that is NOT what I was told. I did have an unlimited data plan previously and although no longer offering that now the c.s. rep told me I could upgrade to that, restarting my whole 2 year service plan. 

I am also well aware of the built in app that alerts you when you reach your data limit.  This is also NOT what the c.s. rep told me of...she specifically said that it is a function that only a C.S. Rep could set up so that you don't go into overage.  So again my 2 choices was to either pay more money to upgrade my plan (for 2 years) OR to pretty much have no phone except for emergency calling.  She also offered a $10 rebate at which point we got disconnected and she didn't even bother calling me back.  And no rebate was taken off my next bill. I've been a Verizon customer for 10 years and have never had this many problems.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The "c.s rep" was wrong.  You can't upgrade or change to an unavailable or no longer offered plan.

If a "c.s rep" could set a limit on your line, that would do nothing for overage charges as far as revenue goes.  That's what Family Base is for, or, like I suggested, other apps and phone features.

When you say, "Pay more money to upgrade plan" I take it to mean, "Pay a little more to save a lot in overages."

Changing a plan does not add 2 years onto your time.

And, what is this, "No phone except emergency calling" business?  You don't like the phone, buy another one, either full price or 3rd party used, or CPO from Vzw.   Or, pay the ETF and sell the phone and ease on over elsewhere. 

I missed the part where you have 0-few options to rectify the issue you blame on Verizon.

PVansch1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not paid a data overage.

I contacted Verizon Corporate Support at [removed]

It took many hours and Emails to my area President. Look at me previous post for a link to get your area President's contact info.

The latest update does resolve  the issues. Why it took so long when they had released this version on other phones, no one will know except the lucky person who finally flipped to release it.

After this latest update I did not have to to a full data restore, I let it install, reboot a few times. When I was satisfied it was done, I pulled the battery to shut it off, reinstalled and powered back on. So far it has been good on two phones for us.

Information removed as required by

Edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes