Update 23C for LG G3
G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

This update it's extremely annoying. There are many things that annoy me or don't make sense to me. I understand people need to accept change, but I did that with Windows 8 after Windows 7 and I was able to get used to it without complaining. This update however immediately made me angry. I'll list my main grievances below.

First off, changing the back, home, and windows/settings icons was a terrible idea. Why change the home icon from an actual house to a circle? That makes perfect sense....

Second, for those of us that do use the Swype feature, we don't need to know the words we could be typing while we are swiping.. That's why we use the feature. Doing a pause while using the swype was needed instead of constantly changing the word we are attempting to Swype.

Third, the notifications while your phone is locked is ridiculous. I have mine set to "Hide sensitive only". That apparently means, hide the game messages but display all the text and emails I'm lock screen for anyone to see without putting in your password.

Fourth, when creating a new text message to someone I already have a stored conversation will automatically pull up the conversation while I'm attempting to type a new message. If I needed to see the whole conversation I would have scrolled through my list to find it and reply back to them. If I know I just need to send a quick message it is much easier to create a new one and send them that message.

Even with my grievances and annoyances I do have to say the overall operating system seems to work great. All the apps and touches on the screen seem to respond faster than before. So I ask.. can you guys give me back all my normal visual aspects but keep the core of this update? If so, you will have a knockout phone that would have no competition.

Overall I have to say I would not recommend the new update, hold off if you can people. I'd gladly take back the previous version.

Labels (2)
Re: Update 23C for LG G3
G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I just decided to read my original post and notices quite a number of typos.... guess what device I was originally writing my post from?  You got it, the LG G3 with update 23C.  Something isn't right with the new update to Swype.

G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update.... I've noticed while using the Swype feature my phone no longer automatically adds a space when I move onto a new word.  At first I believed this was an issue with me typing too fast and not giving the phone enough time to recognize that I have moved onto a new word.  So I started waiting 3-5 seconds between each word to see if this helped.  This did not resolve the resolution and has left me to either hitting the actual space button or selecting the word itself when it displays above the keyboard.  This is extremely irritating and seems as though it takes away from the pros of using Swype. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi G3>S5!

Let see what's causing the problem! Are you using a downloaded messaging application? When did the issue begin?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the built in messaging app and the problem began as soon as the newest update installed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the clarification, G3>S5! Let's try another approach. When you finish "swyping" a word, rather than pressing the spacebar, lift your finger to end the word, and try beginning another word. On some devices, the start of a new word will automatically enter a space.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
G3_S5
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's exactly what I'm doing and what I have been doing since I got this phone. However, it is no longer automatically adding a space like it used to do before the update.

0 Likes