Use orginal charger?
JONCLE60

I just got the LG G5 (13 days ago), everytime I charge it, it displays a message that I need to use the orginal charger that was provided with the phone (which I am). Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Use orginal charger?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's pretty odd for sure, that it can be both slow and fast charging. I see what you mean. This particular issue sounds as if there may be debris in the charger port, or a conflicting app on your phone.

Please inspect the charging port to see if there's any debris (this is a common spot for lint) or bent or missing pins inside. If you continue to see both charging modes, it may have something to do with your apps. To test your apps, the next best step is to enable safe mode. Here's how to do that: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204131/

With the phone in safe mode, test the charging and let us know if you still see both fast and slow charging.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try flipping the charger plugin. Also at times you may have to plug it in and unplug it a few times. Have been having same issue for 6 months now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JONCLE60, we want to make sure you can charge your phone with no worries. This error can populate if the software is outdated on the phone. To check your phones software go into settings, system updates and check for new system update.

TrinetteW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAUROPODA

I'm actually getting that message in ADDITON  to it saying 'fast charging'

So....I'm both fast charging and slow charging at the same time...Hooray!

That's just one of the issues I'm having with this joy of a phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone to charge properly SAUROPODA. When was the last time your phone charged displaying the correct charging mode? Regardless of the message displayed n your screen, how long does it take for your phone to be full charged? Any physical or water damage to the phone, charger, or the cable that connects them?

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAUROPODA

Mind you, It always charges fully. I just find it amusing that it's both fast and slow charging at the same time. I rarely measure the time. I plug it in and go to bed mostly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's pretty odd for sure, that it can be both slow and fast charging. I see what you mean. This particular issue sounds as if there may be debris in the charger port, or a conflicting app on your phone.

Please inspect the charging port to see if there's any debris (this is a common spot for lint) or bent or missing pins inside. If you continue to see both charging modes, it may have something to do with your apps. To test your apps, the next best step is to enable safe mode. Here's how to do that: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204131/

With the phone in safe mode, test the charging and let us know if you still see both fast and slow charging.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
merant306

Having the same issue with the charger that came with the phone...works fine with the car charger I bought from Verizon though. So I'm thinking that there's something wrong with charger itself. Manufacturing defect? Called Verizon to ask for a new one, and got laughed at, so I hung up. No need to make me feel like a fool for asking for something that should work without having to unplug and plug a dozen times. I've done all of the recommended "fixes" and just want one that works. Can you do that for me Verizon? Because it's annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

merant306 ,

Having a charger is vital! You don't have a device without a charger. We are certainly happy to help you get this resolved right here. What is the make and model of your device?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
merant306

I hope this gets back to you...the email address looks suspect.

I am the somewhat proud owner of an LG G5 model VS987. Thanks for the reply.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 5:52 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes