VS985 5.1.1 Auto Brightness
mumbojumbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wondering if anyone else has had a problem with auto screen brightness not working properly since updating to 5.1.1. ?.

As soon as my G3 rebooted after update, the screen was very dim at my normal auto 100% setting. Odd thing is if I go to settings, accessibility,  click and unclick on "lower screen brightness", it brightens back up as it should for awhile. I did do a factory reset which didn't help. The screen is fine in manual mode, but what changed in 5.1.1 that greatly reduces screen brightness in Auto mode?...thanks

Labels (2)
Re: VS985 5.1.1 Auto Brightness
Drumanaut
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah I've been having the same issue as well. It's not as bad in regular lighting, but as soon as I'm inside and it is getting less than direct light, it dims down completely to a brightness level that is below the non auto 0% level.

billgrove
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  Unusable now in darkness. Have to manually turn it up every time I go into the dark.

billgrove
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just installed "Auto Brightness" from the Play store and it "fixed" it by replacing the default dimmer in 5.1.1.

Bill

mumbojumbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the replies. I did try a few of the brightness apps and they help, but I'd like Verizon to take note of the apparent bug in the update and offer a permanent fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mumbojumbo, I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with the auto brightness on your phone after the update. While software updates truly are created to improve technology, sometimes there are down sides as well. As this is not something that LG has noted from this update, I am referring this issue to the developers to review and appreciate the responses posted here as our customers are truly the only way that we hear of these issues as they arise.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
grpr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also having problems with brightness and constantly re-setting it!  I did the upgrade " on a new, "re-conditioned" phone after Verizon replaced my LG G3 that wasn't working.

mumbojumbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Over the last week the problem has gotten worse for me. The screen brightness randomly goes from bright to dim throughout the day even in consistent lighting. Especially bad in low light conditions as was said previously. Whatever software code that controls the auto light sensor was obviously changed in 35b. Why this was done makes no sense to me, but it is getting very annoying at this point. Some real feedback on what is being done to fix would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mumbojumbo, a working phone is crucial, and as the mother of 3, I know that you cannot be without. Please provide the exact steps that you have tried thus far so we are not repeating anything. Also, when did you purchase this phone originally?
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Salmo80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a VS985 with 5.1.1 and my auto brightness is also not functioning correctly.  In either bright light or low light the screen is so dim it doesn't even look like the phone is on.  Seems to be fine in moderate light though it definitely fluctuates its brightness very randomly and gets quite annoying.  Anyone find any other functional option than disabling autobrightness and running at 50%+ all the time?

0 Likes