Re: Verizon voicemail app on the LG G3
godsidekurt

Smells like snake oil to me, please let us know in a week if it's still working. Mine randomly started working for a couple of days until it stopped again. I don't use google plus so not sure that would help me.

0 Likes
gcsnoop
Enthusiast - Level 1

HI. Just tried to set up basic visual voicemail on my lg g3. Found out it is not supported on the g3. Verizon has a list of compatible phones and the g3 is not supported for visual voicemail. However the g2 is. That is why everyone is having problems with it including me. You can only get your voicemail messages by dialing the *86. I hope this helps. This I found out after trying the chat service and calling on the phone with tech support.

dmgraves76
Enthusiast - Level 3

That still does not explain why it worked originally and then just stopped working out of the blue.  Why would Verizon even include it in the system ROM if it wasn't compatible and never worked? That just doesn't even make sense.

0 Likes
gcsnoop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry. I don't have the answer to that. Looks like LG and Verizon made a (removed) with the G3. A new smartphone ( or not so smart ) that is not compatible with basic voicemail service. Go figure! Seems like there is a huge disconnect between the 2.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Robertjw

Just thought I'd chime in.  I'm experiencing the same problem with my voicemail icon.

0 Likes
ChristianMichael
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my voice mail. Cleared cache, rebooted, even disabled Google+, still not working. When selecting through the phone dialer menu on the, the voice mail app won't open. Also, when choosing the app via the app menu, will not open. Screen turns black for a second, then force closes. I have missed 5 voice mails that were important. This isn't 2002, I don't want to guess when I have voice mail and call in every time, on top of listening to the longest voice mail prompts of all time.

To the VZ robot responses, yes, we are all smarter than "restarting the phone." It is a software issue. The app is not available to uninstall nor is it available on Google Play.  Even T-Mobile has their app available for download via Google Play.

AustinTech

I have an LG G3 and this is driving me nuts also. I get the Data Service n/a message in my notifications panel and my battery runs down like crazy. I'm going to try and find the app in my app manager (settings). Then I'll force stop it and disable it if possible. I doubt this will work but I'll try. I never activated Visual VM and I won't ever use it so I don't care if it stops that service.

0 Likes
Ter999
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can not believe that this issue has been going on for so long.  My old flip phone could let me hear my messages without dialing to hear them.  Verizon should tell people that this phone will not work as expected.  Clicking one button to listen to my message is a basic function.  Well I feel very stupid buying a very expensive smart phone that does not even take care of a basic function. 

opiojr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here!!! Bought my phone end of July, visual vmx stopped working shortly after premium trial ended, tried basic vis vmx, pops open and then closes after split second, removed basic vmx and signed backup for premium, no dice, and no to make things even better my *86 voicemail will not work at all. I have talked to support multiple times, tried removing Google +, changed reg vmx password, even tried voodoo mixed with numerous curse words, but still vmx Just won't consistently work on the G3. If this can't be fixed within the next month then Verizon should give me the option of exchanging for a different model device.

This is basic functionality that simply will not work.

/.frustrated.\

bebold29

So here is the thing.  You can pay s20 month for premium VISUAL voicemail where the text of,your vm shows up for,you to,READ...or you can do Basic VISUAL voicemail that has nothing visual about it. It will show you who called just the same as your recent list. You can delete messages,left on basic visual app but you can not read then or hear,them. You still have to call in. I just argued,with Verizon that if there is nothing to READ then its,not VISUAL. you still have,to call in to hear your messages just like the,old,days except there,is,a,list,similar,ro your recent list,from which you can delete cms before you hear,them. (Sorry about all the commas, on lgg3, the comma is,where the space bar should be.)

If you want to read,the,text,of an email, pay for premium visual voicemail or find another app for which there does,seem to be,some.

0 Likes