Voicemail coming as text
wasupbubba

Getting extremely frustrated with voicemail coming in as garbage text from verizon. Started happening ever since I switched my device to an unlocked LG G6.  Any help in disabling this feature will be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail coming as text
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm guessing the system still thinks you have the visual voicemail application installed on your phone. Unlocked models aren't compatible with the Verizon Visual Voicemail application. You need to sign into your MyVerizon account online and remove the Visual Voicemail feature from your line. This will change your voicemail to the basic non-visual voicemail option requiring you to dial *86 to access your voicemails. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wasupbubba

Where do I see the visual vm option on my line. I searched but could nto find it. A visit to the Verizon store did not help much - they were stumped as well.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Number 10 under Using Visual Voicemail. 

"How do I unsubscribe from Visual Voicemail service?

To cancel Visual Voicemail service:

a. Go to the Products & Apps page in My Verizon.

b. Click the Manage Your Products tab.

c. In the Visual Voicemail section, click Remove from Account in the top-right corner.

d. Follow the onscreen prompts to remove the feature from your account.

You've successfully canceled Visual Voicemail."

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/visual-voice-mail-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This should be a similar thread for reference. 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/voice-mail-notifications-have-become-text-messag...

0 Likes