WIFI speeds being reduced
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been using my WIFI hot spot for quite a while (6 months or more) with unlimited data plan and never got over 500 KB per sec speed. Last week I was streaming a youtube old movie and all of a sudden I received an email that my high speed data was used up. My wife got the same message because we are using the same account. The next day I contacted Verizon and I started having no service for phone or data (went to 1X mode). Verizon said that they were having cell tower problems in my area 54963. All day my phone wasn't working right. The next morning it appeared to be working very well and I decided to check my speed at speedtest.net. Suddenly my speed was 10 MB per sec and I saved a screen shot. No sooner than I checked my speed, I got another email about using up my high speed data. I checked speed again right away and I was down to 0.72 MB per sec (saved a screen shot again), all within an hour. I have never gotten the 10 MB per sec speed before this time so I know something is going on with Verizon not giving me the bandwidth I pay for before. I get the feeling that Verizon is cheating me out of my high speed data!

I also have never received those emails before. Please help!!!

BeforeBeforeAfterAfter

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WIFI speeds being reduced
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WallyR,

I completely understand wanting to clear up confusion about how your plan speeds work. We are here to help. Much of what you are describing relates to your plan. I am sending you a Private Note so that we can securely review.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not received a response to this problem. I was asked to review my response and accept it.

No response is not a response. I was asked to give details of my service.

0 Likes
Re: Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have received 2 emails this morning and tried to respond to them. My response was kicked back to me from mailer daemon as a bad email address. I tried to put that email address in this message, but that was forbidden by TOS.

See attached file that I cannot answer.

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

My billing period was recently renewed and I am still on low speed. You need to fix this as I feel that I have been cheated out of proper wifi speed.

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Verizon, why do you not address my problem?

I am being cheated out of the full bandwidth I am entitled to up to my data limit.

I am getting to the point where I feel that I am owed money for bad service over a long period of time.

I checked yesterday before I sent a message and it was terrible, I couldn't even get an upload speed.

Seems like somebody switched me back on today. What is going on with this?

speedtest05242020.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand where you're coming from. Do you know anyone else in the area are having the same kind of trouble?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

So instead you post an image of your email address exposing it to the world on this public forum? 

I really wish the administration here would change the way users are notified of a private message. It should just tell you that you have a private message in the forum instead sharing what that private message is. Other forums using the same platform just tell you that you have a message and provide a link to the forum. 

As for your issue with not being able to reply to the private message, the only way to correctly reply to a private message is actually view the private message in the forum itself and reply to the message in the forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You used all of your high speed hotspot data allowance streaming that movie most likely. Do you even know how much high speed hotspot data your plan has? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I share the same account, but are in different areas. She slows down when I slow down. After I recently complained, the speed went up. Something is going on with this and I think it has nothing to do with equipment. There must be a computer bug or something causing this!

0 Likes