Re: WIFI speeds being reduced
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you pay your bill isn't the same time as when the billing cycle resets. If your plan is such that the speed is reduced after a certain usage amount, the speed reduction doesn't stop until the billing cycle resets for the next cycle.

You could change your plan on the Jetpack line to a higher hotspot data allowance or purchase data boost to get you through the remainder of the billing cycle. Otherwise you can look getting a landline based Internet service provider if available or using multiple Jetpacks lines of service to get you through each billing cycle by switching which device you use as the previous one reached the high speed hotspot data allowance limit. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just checked my account this morning and I haven't exceeded my GB limit, I also checked my speed and it is at the low speed. As to the Jetpack, I purchased the most expensive plan for that device. Multiple jetpacks? Are you out of your mind?

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I get Verizon to correct these issues? Phone calls are useless and it seems to have made matters worse (see previous posts). Is there a email address to the management of Verizon? A consumer complaint department?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WallyR, we understand how important it is to have the right expectations. Which is why we have public support pages to ensure our customers have all the information at their fingertips. As it is outlined here, you must have a debit card or bank account set up as AutoPay to receive the discount: https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/. 

As for your speeds, what plan are you on? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

My plan is Go Unlimited on both phones.

As to the credit card issue, I was never notified about the change to debit cards and have been paying for years with a credit card.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@WallyR

Do you not understand what is the exact features of your plan? The mobile hotspot feature is included, but it is restricted to 600 kbps speeds for the entire billing cycle. 

You should also review the autopay and paperless billing discount policy for your specific plan. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/

"Every line with Go Unlimited gets:

Unlimited 4G LTE / 5G Nationwide1 data

Unlimited domestic Talk & Text

Talk, text and data in Mexico & Canada included

DVD-quality streaming (480p)

Unlimited Mobile Hotspot (600 Kbps)

Verizon Up rewards

6-month Apple® Music included"

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WallyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

They have changed the terms of Go Unlimited and no longer offer it. I did get 4glte speeds a few times. Also the requirement to use a debit card is something new. I am currently looking to replace Verizon with another carrier and will as soon as I can. I have been a loyal user for over 5 years, but if a company attempts to defraud me, I will drop them.

I am not happy about this, but see that I cannot get any satisfaction from Verizon.

0 Likes