What Do I Do If My Power Button Doesn’t Work On My LG G5?
chrisstubb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just as i was getting off graveyard this morning i noticed my phone on its own asked to go into shutdown mode i was like what the heck. So i grabbed my phone hit cancel and i went to lock the screen and the back button was being unresponsive. Now the button doesn't work, if it does it does it when it wants. Please help phone it a month old.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is anyone else having problems with there power button on the back not working or unresponsive.
micaimama11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exchange ur phone to new one. Ur under warranty. U dont want to get stuck with a crappy phone. G5 owner here. Just being honest.

View solution in original post

Re: Is anyone else having problems with there power button on the back not working or unresponsive.
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
chrisstubb-

Have no fear, help is here! I'm troubled to read that you are having some concerns with your brand new phone. Let's get to the bottom of this right away! You mentioned that this just started happening, have you made any recent changes on your device (new software update, new applications, etc)? Does your phone have a case on it? If so, if you remove the case, do you notice that your power button is functional? Any physical/liquid damage on the phone? We're eager to assist!

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

micaimama11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exchange ur phone to new one. Ur under warranty. U dont want to get stuck with a crappy phone. G5 owner here. Just being honest.

chrisstubb
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah i just got a new one not really sure why the button just broke but oh well thats why we have a factory warranty

0 Likes
chrisstubb
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah i just ended up getting new phone under warranty thank you

0 Likes