What should I do about a device that has been dropped in water?
Mpgonzalez55

My son accidently dropped lg g3 in water for a second and the xxx are still red with white but when I t urn in the led light keeps blinking green and blue and screen won't turn on? Please help

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lg g3
Snn5
Legend

Could be water damage elsewhere, there are several moisture indicators in the phone, some you cannot see.  Keep it powered off for 24 hours in a dry area with the battery out and back off.  Some suggest rice as well, but keeping it under or in front of a fan works just as good. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Could be water damage elsewhere, there are several moisture indicators in the phone, some you cannot see.  Keep it powered off for 24 hours in a dry area with the battery out and back off.  Some suggest rice as well, but keeping it under or in front of a fan works just as good. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mpgonzalez55, I am so sorry to hear about our son's phone. Swimming, even for a moment, can be detrimental when dealing with electronics. If you have given the phone time to completely dry and have attempted to remove the battery and still have no power, does he happen to have insurance on his line? If so, he can get that replaced through Asurion at 888-881-2622.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

You can trade it in for a new Moto Droid Turbo 2.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Not if it has water damage.

tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

Just get it cracked and I don't think anyone would check if it is still working.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Seriously???  Nevermind attempted fraud, you know these places actually look for signs of damage.  Plus, you CANNOT trade in a broken phone.

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

I thought a cracked phone is a broken one. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I guess I don't understand what you're getting at.  Cracked, broken, water damage, run over, flushed, or covered in ketchup....if the phone is damaged it cannot be traded in.  And why would anyone want to pay a deductible to repair a phone and then trade it in for less value than the deductible?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

TradeInTrickSucks, what on earth are you talking about?!?!

Your information is completely incorrect and mis-informative. Why would you even advise this?

Mpgonzalez55, if you have insurance you might want to pay the deductible and get it replaced. Never mind that the indicator is not tripped. If you ever send that device back, corrosion will occur and you will be charged for it.