Re: When are you releasing Android 10 for the LG G7 ThinQ Verizon?
chillywilly777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can Verizon confirm that users on their network with a LG G7 will EVER get the Android 10 update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chillywilly777, we understand the importance of making sure you are aware of your options to update your phone.

Take a look at the latest Software Updates here http://vz.to/2iGID6Y

0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

Delosky

Going from one OS (operating system) version to a newer OS version is based on hardware. LG G7 ThinQ hardware is not compatible with Android 10. LG G8 ThinQ hardware is compatible. Good information from: Digitaltrends 

I bought a LG K31 with Android 10. 

Android 10 is nice but not so much better than Android 9. My last LG phone was running Android 4(kit kat). Finally bought new. Guess what I see Android 11 now. Kind of wish I waited for that. Maybe my K31 hardware can handle it.

0 Likes
chillywilly777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, that link didn't answer my question. Can Verizon confirm that the LG G7 will EVER receive the Android 10 update?

0 Likes
chillywilly777
Enthusiast - Level 2

tbint62, that is completely false.  The LG G7 is definitely compatible with Android 10 and has been updated to Android 10 on other carriers. 

kaveets
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any news on this?

This update was supposed to be delivered in Q3 of 2020. My Q7 is a good phone and still meets my needs, but being 2 versions behind on the OS is becoming a problem. Having been a Verizon customer for many years, I know that OS updates have always been their weak spot. Timely updates are an important part of providing good support to customers. If Verizon wants its customers to consider them the premium carrier, they need to improve in this area. They also owe customers clear information about when updates are going to be delivered. The fact that T-Mobile pushed Android 10 out to the Q7 last May demonstrates to me that they are providing better customer support than Verizon.           

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

At the moment, we have no further updates on the LG G7 software update. You can use this link to view the most recent software available https://www.verizon.com/support/lg-g7-thinq-update/. 

0 Likes
chillywilly777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never is the answer to when the G7 will get Android 10. Not sure why the need to continue dodging. 

0 Likes
NunyaBidness13
Enthusiast - Level 1

We (the customers) understand that you are required to show empathy when you interact with us. But having every response from VZW start with "We understand the importance of...." waters down the meaning of that phrase until has no meaning at all.

0 Likes
ThePhoneGuy77
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can accept what I say or disregard it, it really doesn't matter to me. I held a position where it was my responsibility to work with the new and upcoming software and making sure it was pushed to new devices. That is all I am going to say about it. Again, for all I care, you can disregard it.

Verizon can absolutely push this software out, they are choosing not to. They have new and more capable devices, running newer versions of Android and at this point in the game, care more about making sure those are updated. My LG phone was just updated from Android 10 -> 11. Dont let them tell you they are incapable of making sure your older phone is able to run an older version of Android. Its a load of garbage. You will NOT see Android 10 for the LG Thinq G7, sadly.

It is more profitable and makes more sense for them to have you get a new phone and pay a monthly fee for the upgrade, thereby keeping you as a customer, then it is for them to keep pushing out the latest and greatest software to an old device. Loyalty only runs as a one way street in their minds. You being loyal to them. 

I have appreciated my time as a Verizon customer because my phone works where I need it. All that credit goes to the hardworking cell site engineers and IT personal, not the people who run this company, they are deceitful. The time has come though, Verizon doesn't have 'the best' network anymore. In this day and age, where WIFI abounds and every cell phone company has plenty of towers, one can get great service, unlimited data, and amazing handsets plenty of other places, I am leaving Verizon and moving on!

Take care!