Why Are My Contacts Being Mistaken For The Contacts In My Daughter's Phone?
Thebigbry
Enthusiast - Level 2

online messenger just started confusing my contacts with my daughters phone. its been fine for weeks suddenly last Friday it started listing my wife as MOMMY. LOL. not sure what the deal is there.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Are My Contacts Being Mistaken For The Contacts In My Daughter's Phone?
Thebigbry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I have found the issue. I had logged into my daughters account on a game on my phone using her Gmail address. apparently when I logged into the game my phone assumed I must want to backup all the content from that account into my Verizon cloud. Thus merging and ruining much of my contacts list, pictures, and documents. I was wondering why my cloud was suddenly full.

This is yet another great reason why having default settings like this is a pain, and should be the users options and place to set up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that your contacts show up correctly, Thebigbry. Do you remember any changes that may have happened on your phone or your daughter's phone around last Friday? What model phones are you and your daughter using? Are you sharing any type of cloud account?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Thebigbry
Enthusiast - Level 2

We both have LG g5s nothing changed that I know of. As I mentioned it's not on our phones. Only using the online text message through Verizonwireless.com.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying for us, Thebigbry. How many contacts has this affected? If you log in to her number online, are your contacts showing for her?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Thebigbry
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to only effect the one contact. And it seems to only be in recent conversations.  The list on the left where is shows who you are and have been texting. It shows my wife Kelly as Mommy and had a generic profile pic.

Today I selected the menu and contacts and in contacts it shows my wife as Kelly with her contact photo.

0 Likes
Thebigbry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I have found the issue. I had logged into my daughters account on a game on my phone using her Gmail address. apparently when I logged into the game my phone assumed I must want to backup all the content from that account into my Verizon cloud. Thus merging and ruining much of my contacts list, pictures, and documents. I was wondering why my cloud was suddenly full.

This is yet another great reason why having default settings like this is a pain, and should be the users options and place to set up.

0 Likes