Why am I getting a massive battery drain issue since Marshmallow Upgrade?
jrp003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since upgrading to Marshmallow two days ago, I am getting a constant massive battery drain while the phone is not even in use.  Previously a charge lasted all day, now drains completely in 5 hours just sitting in my pocket unused.  Anyone else experiencing this and do you have any solutions?  Thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I getting a massive battery drain issue since Marshmallow Upgrade?
jrp003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All,

Regarding the massive battery drain on my Lg G3 after getting the Marshmallow upgrade.  I finally just did a complete factory reset, let it run for a while with only my gmail account being set up, and battery is fine.  Now the painful process of slowly installing apps again to see if any specific app causes the battery drain.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

tndmorrow

I am having the same thing happen to my LG 3G.  Just upgraded overnight, now the battery is drained and the on/off button is hot.  I do not like the appearance of the screen now and the writing when I text is too small!

0 Likes
KCKGC

I and my wife are having massive battery drain issues and I have very few apps and don't use the phone a lot.  I used to be able to go 2 days sometimes with no issues.  Now my phone gets very hot, has poor wifi and the battery drains constantly.  I can unplug it from the charger at 100% and within 5 minutes, it's down to 90%.  I wonder if this is Verizon's way of getting customer to buy new phones and more expensive plans.  Lets send out an untested, horrible, bloated update to a phone that could work for years on an old OS.  I've been a Verizon customer for years and I work for AT&T!  I'm headed to AT&T, if this keeps up.  I get a much better discount with them and the network is catching up to VZW quickly.  FIX THIS PROBLEM.

0 Likes
KCKGC

Oh, and btw... a LOT of app settings (including VZW and Google's native apps)  reset themselves to default or arbitrarily changed them.  I work in the IT world and have for over 30 years.  Changing settings during an upgrade is the surest way to generate confusion and outrage.  It's a PITA.  Fix your QA problems Verizon, because I won't be buying another phone from you if you don't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jrp003

Software updates are intended to provide customers a better wireless experience, not worse. I’d love to address this concern with you.

What services or applications are using the most battery: http://vz.to/1oN6a7G?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BarryLG4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had charging problems with my LG4 since downloading the new software last week...the battery drains quickly unless it's plugged in; when it's plugged in the percent charge stays steady, doesn't increase.  The only way to charge it is to turn the off while charging.

VZW suggested doing a factory reset after saving my data, however when I plug it into my computer it no allows me to open my photo gallery.  Guess I'll head back to the VZW store....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BarryLG4, no reason to make a special trip into the store when we can help out right here. When there is a new software for the phone it should always improve the functions of the device. Are all the applications from the Google Play Store up to date after the software update was completed? How long would you say the battery would last on a full charge? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BarryLG4
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I tell if the apps are up to date?  They look fine.  Now when I goo tho my gallery, all photos are black...when I randomly touch a photo it will come on my screen ok, however when I swipe to the next photo it just continues tho scan.

Also problems connecting phone tho a computer...I would like tho download my photos and videos prior tho doing a factory reset.

Thanks ahead for your responses.

Barry

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BarryLG4, thanks for the quick response back. That is very odd to hear about the pictures coming up blank in the gallery view. I would recommend to power the device off and remove the SD Card. Once the SD card is out please leave it out for a good 30 seconds and then place it back into the phone, power it back up, and check the photos again: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-160520/ Are you using the USB cord that came with the LG G4 to plug into the computer? Keep me posted.
KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

jrp003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All,

Regarding the massive battery drain on my Lg G3 after getting the Marshmallow upgrade.  I finally just did a complete factory reset, let it run for a while with only my gmail account being set up, and battery is fine.  Now the painful process of slowly installing apps again to see if any specific app causes the battery drain.  Good luck.