Why can't I connect to 4G LTE?
cache22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Up until this past weekend, I have had no big issues with my phone. As of Sunday afternoon, I am no longer getting 4G LTE service. I am only getting 3G.

Here are the things I have already checked/tried:

- Switched "Network Mode" from Global to LTE/CDMA

- Reboot

- Power off, removed SIM card, waited 5 minutes and reinstalled SIM card

- Same as above, but booted the phone without the SIM card

- Reset APN to default, since I cannot edit or create a new APN

- Performed a complete factory reset and upgraded back to current (23C)

None of this has provided me with 4G LTE service. I am certainly within range of the 4G network.

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Loss of 4G LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those extra details help greatly, cache22. Thanks for that. I would recommend going to the closest corporate Verizon store with your phone to pick up a free SIM card. http://vz.to/1zUEMVl

If that is not an option for you, just let us know and we can ship one to you.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I an sorry to see that you are having these issues cache22. We want to get the device working properly. What device is this for? Have you been around other Verizon cstomers that have had 4g abd you haven't? If this is ithe case, it's either a bad sim card or the device itself. Please let us know.

BobbyN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

cache22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply!

The device is a LG G3 (VS985 4G). I have indeed been around other Verizon customers that are receiving 4G service, while I do not. I have also never had an issue receiving 4G from home or the office (which I'm at currently). The device seems to work normally other than the loss of 4G. The factory reset and all other functions have performed as expected. I'm also leaning toward the SIM card being the issue, based on my research over the past couple of days.

Is this something you could assist me with?

Also, I have performed the factory reset twice, and it has taken a severe toll on my data usage, mostly during the Lollipop upgrade. I was supposedly connected to my home WiFi during this time, but my usage went from around 10% to 90% in the past two days. Is there any hope for a credit?

Thanks again for you assistance!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those extra details help greatly, cache22. Thanks for that. I would recommend going to the closest corporate Verizon store with your phone to pick up a free SIM card. http://vz.to/1zUEMVl

If that is not an option for you, just let us know and we can ship one to you.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

cache22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will not be able to make it into a Verizon store for about two weeks due to my summer work schedule. I would certainly like to restore 4G service before that. If you could ship one to me, that would be GREAT!

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

0 Likes