Why can't I move all my photos from my device to an SD card?
afzski

I have moved them from the Internal Storage DCIM, and the SDCard DCIM , but I have still over 100 pics somewhere in the phone that I cannot find, any thoughts???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am trying to move pictures from my phone to my computer, but I have hidden pics left
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sure is. Just to run this from every angle, afzki, let's try this on your computer. We want to make sure the computer shows all of the hidden files. Here is how to get the computer to show hidden files:
Right-click the Windows Logo button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
On top of this, my next thought is that these pics that are still there are just the thumbnails for the actual photo.  To run this idea down, does the (pic number.jpg) match with any of the pictures that successfully transferred over? Also on this thumbnail thought, go to Settings > Storage > Misc.  In here does it have a line item that says .thumbnails ? If so check the box and delete that line item.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am trying to move pictures from my phone to my computer, but I have hidden pics left
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's find those elusive pictures Alex. First we need to know how you made those pictures to be hidden. Did you use a particular third party application to creat a hidden folder and store those pictures in it?

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
afzski

No Antonio -- no separate or third party app -- just tried to move the pics to the computer -- looked through all the files that are left on the phone

When I open the gallery - it shows the pics in the Camera -- but when I look for that file on the phone both in internal and SD card  - they shows -- empty

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This additional information is very helpful Alex. Let's access this locked content. Open your Gallery, tap on settings, then select Show Locked Files. You should be able to see the files and remove the locked status.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
afzski

opened the gallery and cliked stings -- no locked files -- it says "Set Lock"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, afzski, we sure have tried a bunch.  A few more ideas for your LG G3, once more go into your Gallery, then tap on a picture. While on this picture, tap the upper right with the 3 dots, scroll down to “details”, and select it. Scroll through the details and tell us what does it say for “Path:” ?
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
afzski

David -- ok -- did this --

the path is -- :/storage/external_SD/DCIM/Camera/ (pic number.jpg)

when I go to that location from my computer it says the folder is empty

Weird huh???

Alex

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sure is. Just to run this from every angle, afzki, let's try this on your computer. We want to make sure the computer shows all of the hidden files. Here is how to get the computer to show hidden files:
Right-click the Windows Logo button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
On top of this, my next thought is that these pics that are still there are just the thumbnails for the actual photo.  To run this idea down, does the (pic number.jpg) match with any of the pictures that successfully transferred over? Also on this thumbnail thought, go to Settings > Storage > Misc.  In here does it have a line item that says .thumbnails ? If so check the box and delete that line item.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes