Why can't I send or receive messages?
Heimskr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had just received this phone today via delivery (brand new through Amazon). For the first few minutes it was great - easy set up, able to send a few messages to my family about the new phone when suddenly (having literally only sent three messages prior) it stopped sending/receiving altogether. Messages sent will stay in a sending loop seemingly forever before saying it's failed. I've done every type of reset known (soft, factory, even opening up in safe mode) to no avail. I haven't downloaded any apps yet, so I know that's not the case...

Any ideas on what I can do?

(I'm also using the typical messenger app, not hangouts or messenger+. I did switch between the three to see if that would help at all, but I still ended up with nothing.)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 suddenly won't send/receive messages?
Heimskr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow - shortly after posting this I received a message (strange considering the fact that I really COULDN'T) from Verizon stating that this number does not have permission to send messages. Please consult the account manager to make changes (or something along those lines (which makes it even more bizarre considering I am the account manager...)). After prodding my Verizon account for a bit, I clicked on 'change features' option and after checking and unchecking certain items I somehow managed to get it all to work.

Welp, that would explain why that endless torment of resets hadn't worked then I suppose.

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

Try power cycling it.. if this does not fix the issue try pulling the sim card.. power off the phone safely remove the card wait for about 5min. re-install it and power it up try sending the messages again..

0 Likes
Heimskr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done that already, but I gave it another go after you suggested it. Still didn't fix the problem.

0 Likes
Heimskr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow - shortly after posting this I received a message (strange considering the fact that I really COULDN'T) from Verizon stating that this number does not have permission to send messages. Please consult the account manager to make changes (or something along those lines (which makes it even more bizarre considering I am the account manager...)). After prodding my Verizon account for a bit, I clicked on 'change features' option and after checking and unchecking certain items I somehow managed to get it all to work.

Welp, that would explain why that endless torment of resets hadn't worked then I suppose.

B33
Legend

Well that's great.. glad it all worked out and it's running smoothly now.. Time for some eggnog.!

0 Likes