Why did VZW remove the call blocking feature?
dansx6

I believe the other carriers left it in and it is an excellent feature. Does VZW have any plans of including this in an update?  This is a great phone but I am annoyed that VZW feels the need to restrict its freatures.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why did VZW remove the call blocking feature?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that a feature is not available, dansx6. I unfortunately do not have any new details or info on whether the call blocking feature will be added back on at a later time. If something is announced regarding a new update for the G3, it should be on display at this link: http://bit.ly/n5snpq .

If you have any additional questions, we are here to help out.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tonedeaf
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used the call block list on my Galaxy S3 quite a bit and I was annoyed to learn that Verizon for some reason had decided to leave it out on the G3 while other carriers leave the feature intact. The only other alternative is to use a 3rd party app and that is just one more thing to download and have running.

TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Exactly! What phone doesn't have a native call block feature these days???? Other carriers have this feature enabled on their G3's... Verizon clearly did this to make more money. It's ridiculous to have to use an additional service for this.  5 numbers can be blocked for free and if you want more than that, it's $5 per month. I wish they would stick to providing service and WORK ON THINGS LIKE VoLTE rather than removing necessary features from phones or adding crap people don't want. Verizon has really been rubbing me the wrong way lately!

Tidbits
Legend

The T-Mobile one is missing some features as well as the other ones. LG is terrible with software... Yes I have a G2 and G3.

TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

be that as it may, LG didn't remove the software.... Verizon did.

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Didn't remove that *feature

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

I agree I don't want to be forced to utilize an extraneous app or service when the feature already came with the phone .

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's not removed.

Much like the T-Mobile version that is missing themes. The shortcut is missing. Like the G2 voice search the shortcuts were missing. LG is terrible with software. At times they'll forget to do something.

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

So how do you do it?

0 Likes