Why does my connection to wifi keep dropping, and why is it very slow when it is connected?
Aurapooh

For about a month now, my LG G3 has been losing connection to wifi (at multiple locations). It connects, then drops a couple of minutes later, and this sometimes continues throughout the day. When I am connected to wifi (anywhere) my speed is super slow. I was on my home wifi yesterday and with speedtest.net got Ping: 1.665 ms, 0.04 Mbps download, and 0.06 Mbps upload. We then ran speedtest on my husband's phone and it was 30 Mbps down.This is not a one time issue. It's been happening for a while.

Help, please.

Lisa

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my connection to wifi keep dropping, and why is it very slow when it is connected?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sure we can get this fixed, Lisa. Is there any damage to your device? How long have you had your phone?

DanielK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

X

0 Likes
Re: Why does my connection to wifi keep dropping, and why is it very slow when it is connected?
Aurapooh

No, there is no damage whatsoever to my phone. I have had it for about a year. I just checked the data usage on my phone and on a day when I was at home, where we have a great connection, my phone was using data every 2 minutes or so because it wasn't connecting to the wifi. It has also been having trouble pairing with my car. I have had to delete it and re-add it a couple of times already in the past couple of months. Prior to that, I never had to delete it.

I have had other issues with this phone, such sounding muffled to the person I am talking to or them telling me they can't understand what I'm saying, which I understand I am not the only one to have this issue. I would never buy this phone again because of all the issues.

Thank you,

Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aurapooh I want you to get the most out of your phone. I know how important that wifi & Bluetooth connectivity is to you. Before this began, was there any recent app or software updates on the phone? Have you rebooted the SIM card by ejecting it http://spr.ly/6588BrVR6 for 5 minutes, then replacing it and trying the connection again?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
Aurapooh

I tried the removal/replacement of the sim card (just now) and it didn't work. I did a speedtest and got .09 down, 2.68 up (mbps). I understand it may be slower today due to cyber Monday but the history of my speed tests show a similar speed. The last time I got a good speed was in August. The last system update was October 11, 2015. Updated to VS98525B, from VS98524.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aurapooh, this is very strange that it is doing that. We are not giving up until we get the speed back to your phone. Have you remove the WIFI connection from the device and added it in? Have you tried connecting to other WIFI to see if it is also doing the same thing?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Aurapooh

Yes I have tried all that. I don't know what else to try. It needs to be fixed. I have waited long enough for this to resolve. It doesn't matter where I go or connect, the issue is there. It has to be the phone. I'm tired of not being able to use my phone to it's capacity, especially at the price we pay for service. I need it fixed and if it takes getting a new phone because this one sucks, so be it. Tell me what I have to do to make that happen.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to further troubleshoot your device in order to get the most out of it. We want you to check a setting on your device, follow these steps to do so:

Settings> WiFi> Menu> Advanced WiFi> Avoid bad WiFi connections- ensure that this is disabled on your device.

CarleyR_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Aurapooh

I've already checked that. It was one of the first things I did. It was checked originally, but I unchecked it when I first noticed this problem.

Next? Really, my husband is pretty good at troubleshooting and he couldn't find what is wrong. He told me I should take it in to be fixed, and I tend to agree but I do not want to be without a phone. I have never had a phone with so many issues. This needs to be fixed.

Remember, it's been 3 months since I've had decent speed. That's a long time to go with a crappy phone. I watch as other people get on wifi no problem in various locations while I sit and wait for pictures to load (that never actually load). Not to mention I can't do my schoolwork at work because of this connection issue. UGH.

Lisa

0 Likes