Why is MDNSD draining my battery?
twdta01

MDNSD has started draining my battery like crazy past few weeks.  Have made no changes to the phone.  location services are on.  Have a SD card.  Usually last up to 16 hrs or longer.  Today was the worst lasted only 6 hrs. I have a LG G3.  How do I get it to stop burning through my battery?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MDNSD Draining battery
KBTron
Enthusiast - Level 3

Firefox 42, recently updated, is invoking the mdsnd process. The developers are aware of the problem and are attempting to fix it; latest word from the Mozilla forums is sometime in mid December.

In the meantime the only known way to fix the problem is to uninstall Firefox. Reports on the web indicate that a power cycle on the device might help, too, after the uninstall.

Did that; my battery life, which had dropped to four hours, is back to normal, and no mdnds process on the list.

By the by: The Firefox Beta on the Google Store is also guilty of this behavior.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to get the most out of your battery twdta01. Going from 16 to 6 hours would have me concerned as well. Let’s take a look into this for you. Is your software and apps up to date with your phone? Was the phone showing this app when looking at the battery manager or did you see this somewhere else on the phone?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
twdta01

The apps I use are up to date.

MDNSD shows in battery. No uninstall. First saw it when battery started

draining.

On Nov 17, 2015 1:13 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
margiedroid

I am having same problem for two days - any resolve yet?

0 Likes
margiedroid

WE need help with this issue - not resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for checking to make sure your phone was up to date twdta01. When looking through some additional resources, it has been linked to a couple possible items with your phone. The first being your SD card. Please try to safely remove the SD card from your phone for a minute or two. Then put it back in and restart. Another possibility is an app called FreeFlight. This is an app used for drone devices. Please check if you have this app and can remove it from your phone.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Margiedroid, we want to have a resolution for you, and get your battery back to top performance. Your properly working phone is a concern for us as well. Please go to settings> battery> and scroll down to see what is listed in the usage area. This will show us exactly what is happening and what is draining your battery. It should sort by percentages and time as well. Let us know.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DavidW1820

I have a Note 4 with a similar problem. No known apps on my phone that cause the problem and a very sound SD card. I took the card out and still saw it using battery. Verizon customer service had no solution other than to factory reset which I haven't done yet. Please share thoughts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DavidW1820 We certainly want you to get the most from your battery. We are here to help you restore the batter use. Please share a few details as to how it has changed. Have you added any new apps? When did this start? Is the software on the phone up to date?
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
margiedroid

Nicole - I don't have the freeflight app. Another Verizon service agent

told me to back up everything in the Verizon Cloud and then do a factory

re-set. This did take care of the problem. Long process, but my phone no

longer has the mdnsd using battery.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes