When trying to do a voice search response is Cant reach Google at the moment

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voice search not working
tranquilthymes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reset the whole phone back to factory settings and started over it worked so I guess it’s worth the headache.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an active 4G LTE or wifi connection to allow the phone to access the Google servers?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tranquilthymes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I do somehow it disappeared and cannot find it on the phone also typing search is out too

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tranquilthymes,

We definitely want for your voice search to work. I know that I rely on that all the time. What make & model phone do you have? Has the voice search ever worked before? Is your phone software up to date? When you say that the typing search is gone, can you please explain that a bit more?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tranquilthymes
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I type something in the Google search box message comes up Offline Something went wrong Try searching again I have a LG3G one year old update was completed last week phone worked fine for a few days then the searching stopped. And yes the voice search and type search was working fine. It seems that somehow it was deleted I cannot find it anywhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get your Voice search and Google searching up and running for you, tranquilthymes. The new update Marshmallow gives users the ability of setting up permissions. I bet one of your permissions got disabled. First, lets check the Voice search by going to settings>language and input> Default (lg keyboard) > Select more > *press* google voice typing [which should be grayed out until pressed, you may need to press on the settings logo]. Then you may want to tap on Text to Speech output. Make sure Google is selected.

Once you complete that step lets go back to the Home page. Please tap on the Google Search and look for the Menu button (three lines) in the upper left corner of your device. Tap Menu and navigate to Settings. Then navigate to Accounts and Privacy. Please make sure you are signed into your gmail account. After you have verified that you are signed into your gmail account, tap Google Activity controls. Make sure everything is on (enabled). Keep us posted on your progress.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tranquilthymes
Enthusiast - Level 2

That didn’t work when I get to OK GOOGLE detection it is not highlighted like it’s not there when I push it nothing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tranquilthymes, we appreciate you attempting all of these steps. There are a couple of other items that may also be interrupting this service. Let's have you go to the Apps, Settings, Language & Input and be certain that the US English language is selected. As this option was specifically built for this language. Also, when looking at the microphone image when trying to speak, is the image outlined?
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tranquilthymes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could not figure out what happened so I just reset it and go from there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tranquilthymes,

Enjoying the great features smart phones offer should be fun and not troublesome.  Just to clarify did you get the voice search to work for you?

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes