WiFi performance on lollipop stinks
craber586
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else suffering with this?  I've reset the phone and chased a bunch of other worthless recommendations...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi performance on lollipop stinks
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

A link was suggested yesterday that included an app workaround from the Play store.  I was skeptical but it worked...this resolved my Wifi issue and notification issue.  This, of course, is a workaround and is the only one that has worked for me out of all the ones posted here and 3rd party forums.  Don't pay much attention to what the article is saying (unless you own any of the devices), but look for the section that talks about "A quick workaround..." with a download this app link.  Of course, use your own discretion since this is a 3rd party app.

Comcast's wireless gateways don't play nice with Android 5.0 Lollipop, but Google's on the case

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

These G3 wifi issues are most likely going to have to wait for a 5.1 (or between) update.  Seems ipv6 is an issue where some users' routers and phones don't communicate correctly.

0 Likes
dennman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same problem. Started happening right after the lollipop update. Here is how I fixed the problem...go to settings...mobile networks...system select and change from global to lte/cdma.

ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

A link was suggested yesterday that included an app workaround from the Play store.  I was skeptical but it worked...this resolved my Wifi issue and notification issue.  This, of course, is a workaround and is the only one that has worked for me out of all the ones posted here and 3rd party forums.  Don't pay much attention to what the article is saying (unless you own any of the devices), but look for the section that talks about "A quick workaround..." with a download this app link.  Of course, use your own discretion since this is a 3rd party app.

Comcast's wireless gateways don't play nice with Android 5.0 Lollipop, but Google's on the case

craber586
Enthusiast - Level 2

ggnmg3703,  thank you this actually worked!

0 Likes
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

Awesome!!! And, a big Thank You to RushFan2112 for the link. Smiley Happy

0 Likes